MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-1999, 08:06 PM   #1
Trevor
Registered Member

Post more turbo swap questions

I am almost ready to swap the engine out of my 90 lx. I almost have the engine completely rebuilt. First of all, Jett in reply to my other post said that I didn't need the octane switch, all I had to do was to turn up/down the boost when I run different gas. How do I change the boost? Also when I leave things like that out of the wiring harness is it going to cause any problems with the computer and way the engine runs. To make the swap a little easier I was just going to unbolt the fuel injetion/intake manifold and set it of to the side while I installed the turbo engine and then bolt it on.(the original turbo manifold is slighly corroded but salvagable, but if i don't have to clean it up all the better plus one of the injectors has junk around the nozzle, who knows how well it works.) Are the two compatible, are the injectors the same and it might just be my imagination but the throttle bodys look different? I also need to know the pin numbers for the wiring harness, n/a pin number to 88 T.C computer pins. Any information or tips about the swap are greatly appriciated.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote