MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-13-2004, 06:37 PM   #1
Venom09
Registered Member

Default Need advice with New Mustang involved in bad accident

Long story short some woman rear-ended my BRAND NEW 2004 40th anniversary (3 weeks old 1000miles) while I was stopped at a red light. She was going 50-55. Now I'm sure you can picture the amount of damage that would do to the rear end, however if anyone would like to see pictures feel free to pm me and I'll send them along. I am waiting to hear final word on whether it is worth fixing or not. If it is worth fixing I need some advice on questions to ask. I am concerned about lasting damage that could cost me down the road, especially to the suspension and transmission. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Venom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 03:03 PM   #2
GodStang
College Stanger

I would be worried about damage to your fuel tank. Now it will never be the same so I would get a new car if at all possible. Sorry to hear about your wreck.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:52 PM   #3
mustardjohn
Registered Member

I agree with Godstang. A wrecked car is a wrecked car. It is almost impossible to get it back to new car status.

I would worry about the frame and suspension. The frame can be straightened and everything realigned but it takes an expert with the right equipment. Some one in my family hydroplaned a Contour, spun it around and into a curb, median. Took several attempts to get it back. Rear tires wore out in no time the first time it was fixed. Took another $2000 on top of the orginal cost to finally get it fixed. Orginal damage was close to $4000.

I would insist that it go to a frame shop after the rear end body work. They can look at it with lasers, etc. and tell whats what. Do the doors work ok? At the speed of impact you mention there definitely could be other hidden damage besides the obvious.

I had the same thing happen to me some years ago so I can "feel" your pain. Getting your brand new car creamed sucks.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:11 PM   #4
Venom09
Registered Member

Just thought I would give you an update....They decided to total my car and I with the money they gave me (thank god for the rebates) I was able to buy another brand new one. Thanks for your help.
Venom09 is offline   Reply With Quote