Thread: newbie question
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2001, 12:55 PM   #11
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Wink

Like the others said, a 3.8 is not the best starting point for speed. But you are young and i'm guessing not to experienced. I would basicaly leave the 6 cyl alone save for mabey a couple of add ons that won't cost much. You need to get farmiliar with your stang and how it acts before you start shoving more power at it. You can blow a couple of thousand dollars on this car, and still have a car that is not that quick, and won't be able to get you much when u sell it. You may not want to hear this, but leave it pretty much stock and get good at driving. I a couple of years after you have saved up some $$$ and are prepaired for power, sell your well taken care of v6 and by a used GT as a platform to start on. You will have more $$, expierience, and knowledge if you stay here, and it will all be better in the long run. Trust me on this one. I am 20 and my first 2 vehicles were SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!. I was thinking about ricing out my honda to TRY and make it fast, but i smartened up and just saved my $$ till a found the Fox GT i had always wanted.

Best decision. Light Em Up!! Jonathan

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote