MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-23-1999, 09:14 PM   #1
oneshotcop
Registered Member

Post One more disatisfied customer

so prevelent nowadays. I ordered a Pro-M mass air from Mustangs unlimited
last Tuesday, and here it is a week later, and no mass air. Heres what happened. Instead
of putting the zip code 29440, the salesman put the zip code 29940. So I waited what was supposed to
be my delivery time of two days, and no mass air. I called UPS and found that the incorrect address was put on the package
I gave them the correct address and was told I would have my package Monday. Monday came and went
and no Mass air. I called Ups and low and behold, it didn't have the address I gave them, but yet another wrong address.
I once again gave them my correct address and was told it will be Wedensday
before I get my package. In the mean time I have been talking to Mustangs unlimited. Their initial
position was "We are really sorry, the salesman should have read back your address to you when he placed your order."
Well, after six days of waiting, I asked them to send me another mass air
and if they can't recall the package, I would refuse to accept it when and if it ever got to me.
OOOHH NOOO, they can't do that without charging me for another mass air. I swear the guy (supervisor)
was a robot or something. He sounded like he was reading out of a book in monotone. I explained that this
was the first order that I placed with them, and I was not happy with their service. He didn't care.
So now, my package should have the correct address (again) and I should get it Wedensday. Eight days
after the order. Meanwhile I have my car apart awaiting the mass air so I can drive it again.
Just a little background. I have spent $5000.00 on my car in the past month. It may not be alot to a large company,
but it is to me. And out of that money, I wasn't completely satisfied with what I received. AFS
was great, they delivered exactly what they advertised (cobra R wheels/tires). California Mustang supplied
me with genuine Saleen ground effects with poor craftsmanship. This is both Saleens fault for producing,
and California Mustangs fault for selling an inferior product. Harwood sent me an awsome hood
that had the fit and finish that was great. I even bought a used Vortech supercharger that was obviously
manufactured with great workmanship, and was still holding up even as a used product. The C&L mass air
that I purchased didnt work as it was supposed to. Vortech and C&L told me "off the record" that the
C&L sampling tubes are not calibrated for the 94-95 stangs, but are perfect for the pre 94's, however
they still will sell you one for your 94-95 stang, and wont tell you this problem when you order.
Well, here's my point, unless we as consumers stick together and relate our bad experiences with these
companies, they will continue to take advantage of the "little customer" and not feel any economic
losses after screwing one more customer. What ever happend to the customers always right? There
seems to be so much incompetence in this word now. And I always seem to deal with it when I need
something desperatly. Well, I don't know if this post will do any good, but I definatly feel better. Thanks
How about a forum on here to voice good/bad experiences with these mega companies? I'm sure it
would have many posts on it. I would definatly consider any views expressed in it.

------------------
1995 GT, Vortech 10 lbs AODE w/Bauman shift kit, Flowmasters, 70mm throttle body, T-rex, MSD BTM ignition, Coil and wires, 4.10 gears, Vortech mass air, 30# injectors, dropped 2 inches, full Saleen kit, cowl heat extractor hood, Cobra R's. 1/8 @ 9 sec, 1/4 @ 13 @ 100mph

oneshotcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-1999, 12:18 PM   #2
Mustang225
Registered Member

Red face

I've bought from Mustangs Unlimited in the past and all have been great experiences. That salesman could have sent you another and if you didn't send the old one back, charged your Visa. On the otherhand, I recently had the same experience with UPS. Even after speaking to them a number of times, they couldn't locate my package and that was after giving them the correct zip code. It seemed that my package just kept on getting bounced from one UPS center to another. I finally received it after 8 days when it should have taken 3 days.
Mustang225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-1999, 04:55 PM   #3
erl2589
Registered Member

Hey one shot, check out the Performance Industry forum, it's just what your talking about.

------------------
90LX 5.0 5speed. 3.55's, off road h-pipe, pulleys, Pro 5.0, K&N, All the free stuff. 220rwhp, 281 tourqe. 13.96@98mph.

erl2589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-1999, 10:54 PM   #4
GaryDawg
Registered Member

Red face

I'm not a Mustang or any auto expert but I did call California Mustang and request a "Late model" catalog after telling them I owned a '98 Mustang GT. They sent me a '65-'73 parts catalog. "Late Model" does not mean classic, right??
GaryDawg is offline   Reply With Quote