MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-24-2006, 08:06 PM   #1
joleneamber
Registered Member

Default Pinging under acceleration

Hi! I am new to this forum. I have a 99 V6. She has about 105,000 miles on her. I have had no serious problems. The only small ones I have are an exhaust leak at the header, and an intermittent pinging under acceleration. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to help this. I have used octane boost, fuel injector cleaner, new plugs, wires, most of the basic stuff.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
joleneamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:34 PM   #2
Rollinastang
Registered Member

Default Re: Pinging under acceleration

man how ironic i have the same exact problem. only i swapped out my exhaust with an after mnarket and there is a small exhaust leak at the header on the driverside and i get the same noise.i tried using muffler mender but it really isnt a permanent fix. it works for a while but i think it gets too hot and the stuff chipps off and the noise comes back. i ahve fooled with my pipes a million times and i just can't get the leak to go away so i tired the mender. i was starting to worry that it wasnt a bad valve or something and the noise was not from the leak but another problem... i dunno....hopefully someone has a permanent fix for the noise it sux!

03 Mustang convertible V6, Sonic Blue with black top, K&N air intake, MAC dual 2.5in H-Pipe, MAC 2.5in cat-back exhaust with 3in stainless tips, custom Slime Blue gauge cluster, Alpine Head Unit, 4 Alpine 6x8 thumpin speakers in doors and rear panel!
Rollinastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:33 PM   #3
stanger66
dreaming about mustangs

Default Re: Pinging under acceleration

Try using BG 3 step fuel injection service and run an extra can of BG injection thru air intake. Clean the carbon out of the thottle body with intake cleaner. Usually you can go the most dealers to have the BG service done most dealers use it. Some aftermarket shops use BG products. Try running a higher octane. The service usually runs between $100-$150. And 9 times out of 10 it will give better mpg.

06 Saleen S281SC Convertible 6spd
04 Freestar(wife)
66 mustang w/orig. Carroll Shelby racing 7 spoke 14X7's aluminum
02 pontiac sunfire 2.2 ecotec(great gas mileage) still GM junk
stanger66 is offline   Reply With Quote