MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-12-2004, 04:21 PM   #1
Stereo_Siavai
Registered Member

Default Pony Problem

I know I am new here but I really need some advice for my car. I hope some one here can help. My car for some reason or another keeps on having to need a new battery. Today I just bought another battery for the car. I also had the car taken in about 2 or 3 months ago to get looked at for the car not starting. The service guys said it was the alternator and so I got it replaced. Now that seemed all well and good but now I am back to where I was again 3 months ago. I know that the alts do not burn out that fast and if it is then I will have them replace that one to but I am not gonna pay for it this time heh. Well todays problem is mostly on the fact that when I went to start the car. It had some juice from the old battery and I attempted to start it but I got nothing. Also, after I tried to start it the power in the car was all gone. So I think there is a short some where. Noticing that the battery probably had no power left in it I bought another one today. I put it in and hooked it up and sure as you could believe I had power again. heh not so fast heh. I attemped to start the car... I heard the starter try for one whole click and then nada. Power was all sapped again. This is a new battery and no EMP devices are near it to wipe the battery out heh so I know that isnt it. Now I have a car that has a brand new alternator, a brand new battery and it all equals.... nada I am walking again. IF anyone has any ideas on how to maybe fix this or has an idea of what may be wrong I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Stereo Siavai
Stereo_Siavai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 08:32 PM   #2
Stang_Girl617
Registered Member

Did you actully see them take the alternator out of the car. I had a friend who was having the same problem, she took it to the shop and the "Changed" the alternator and she began having the same problem, and so the next time she put a mark with a black marker on it, and took it back, come to find out, they werent even changing it out.

2000 V6 Stang
so far only exaust and BBK CAI
Stang_Girl617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:34 PM   #3
mustardjohn
Registered Member

A car will run without a battery if you jump start it. I had a battery so dead that I could not jump it. Took the battery out borrowed a battery started the car and then took the battery out (car running) gave it back and drove home. It would be interesting to see if your car would run that way. It would tell you if the alternator is working. Then you could focus on what is draining you battery after the alternator has charged it.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:16 AM   #4
BLACK85GT
Registered Member

Have the starter tested. If it is shorted out it could drain the battery. Also check all the battery cables from battery to starter to make shure they are not corroded or loose.
It it was my car I would probably replace the starter, and positive and negative cables.
5.0, Holley heads, 1.7 Scorp Rockers, Stealth intake, Holley 600 carb, Holley Mech. Fuel pump, MSD 6Digital, MSD distributor, Hotchkis upper/lower rear control arms, FMS B Springs, 3:73 (8.8) rear.
Production # 9,377
BLACK85GT is offline   Reply With Quote