MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-17-2001, 01:02 PM   #1
MBC50403
Registered Member

Talking A Really sweet trick for mustangs 99 and up

Ok Guys, how many of you would want a digital speedometer, tachometer, or fuel mileage reader on your stang? Well, I was looking around last night at Mustang stuff, and I found this trick that Ford built in.

Ok, heres how you do it. Put your Key in your car, but don't turn it yet. Instead, push and hold down the odometer button. Keep holding it down and now turn your car into it's "accessory" on position (do not actually start the car, just turn it to the notch that starts your radio and what not).

Now, keep holding the button until it says "test" on the odometer. As soon as it says test, let it go. At this moment, it should say "guage" and all of your gauges should go to their highest point and then come back down. Now you can keep pushing the button to go through all the different options for this thing....Push it once and you test your in-car bulbs (engine light and stuff)...keep pushing it until you see "ENG0000" and that's your digital speedometer. the 0000 will be replace by your speed when you start moving. Push it one time after that and you'll get your speed in metrics, and one more time after that to get your RPMS (tachometer). If you find something you want to drive around with, just start the car!

To get it off, either turn off your car or press and hold the button for five seconds. Either way, it will go back to your odometer.

Pretty sweet, huh?

Mike

PS-this trick might work for other stangs too...i'm not sure, i just know it works in the ones that are 99 and up
MBC50403 is offline   Reply With Quote