View Single Post
Old 04-24-2002, 02:02 PM   #17
99Pony3.8
Registered Member

The rear bumpers MPS sell are take-offs from Rousche and Saleen conversions. As long as your car is a stock color, there is a good chance they can match the color. They don't gaurantee it since they don't know what color bumpers they will get in, but mine was an exact color match (white). Since I live in Atlanta where MPS is located, I was able to go there and pick my bumper out and pick the best white one. They are very nice there and will do everything they can to satisfy you.

As far as the exhaust goes, I did notice an increase in HP after the conversion was installed. It wasn't huge, but the car is quicker and revs faster. It sounds much better, too. I'd estimate maybe 10 HP.

Keep in mind, no single mod will cause huge HP gains (short of a blower) unless you rebuild the engine and do significant work to it. Bolt ons will add moderate power, and the combination of several mods can have a nice increase. If you really want to take advantage of the dual exhaust, add MAC short tube headers and have the heads polished and ported. You could see 30-35 HP just with those 3 mods, but the heads will cost you -- about $400 for the heads and $1000 to have them installed. I installed them myself, but I grew up restoring cars. It is not a job for the weekend mechanic -- you have to take apart the whole top half of the motor. If you've never rebuilt an engine before, take it to a mechanic or you WILL destroy your engine.

Last edited by 99Pony3.8; 04-24-2002 at 02:13 PM..
99Pony3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote