Thread: 3.8 Whoas!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2002, 08:07 PM   #9
Stang City
Registered Member

Question I coulda had a V-8???

After some research, we've decided to go with another V-6 a 3.8 out of a 98 cougar with all steel heads and block. I checked into installing a V-8, but there's more to it than it would seem, including a lot of hours which would not work what with our needing the stang as a daily driver. I work at a Ford dealership, and in converstaions with our shop foreman have discovered a lot of hidden work in what seems like a simple drop in including as a start, computer, complete wiring harness, tranny, rear end, and lots of other items too numerous to mention. It would be easier just to buy a GT and be done with it rather than go into the hassles of converting. The cost is about the same when all is said and done and gee... you've actually got GT...not a wanna be. As it happens one of oooour employees has a low milage 97 Cobra he wants to sell this fall, and I'm going to buy it. We'll keep the V-6 for my wife to enjoy, and I'll be herdin the snake as soon as the snow melts in the spring!

Thanks for all the info, guys, but we'll keep the six a six, although there is a supercharger... Hmmm.