View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 07:29 AM   #3
crazypete
Registered Member

Default Re: clutch make sqeeking noise,clutch pedal wobbles

On that note, I lost a T-5 because the throwout had wobbled and made the aluminum retainer neck break. It made a really cool whining sound like a turbo or driving in reverse really fast until the input shaft cocked.......with me going 70 on the highway. After sliding sort of sideways to a stop (amazing it didnt flip) and having it towed rear wheels up back home and disassembling it, I had a well stirred up transmission. Amazingly, the flywheel was undamaged.

I'd replace it and throw in a new clutch in the process. Vibration makes things break.
91 GT Carb conversion, holley 600 double pumper, edelbrock performer intake, FMS "C" drop springs, march 1000 underdrive pullies, crane 1.7 roller rockers, GT-40P headers, bassani x pipe, american thunder catback, FMS 4.56's, msd aL6, trunkmount battery, A/C eliminator kit, 3000 stall tci streetfighter, AOD with transgo kit, A+ servo, 300M hardened lockup shaft, kevlar bands and 28,000 gvw trans cooler, 3 core radiator, 300 lbs stripped with a full interior
crazypete is offline   Reply With Quote