Thread: rear end whine
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
harry444
Registered Member

Angry rear end whine

Hi I am at the end of the line with the dealer it started about 4 weeks ago when I brought in my 2004 mustang for service and told the service guy that around 45 mph I hear a whine coming from the rear end. He said that the bearings were bad and had to be replaced so this is where my nightmare begins. The dealer ordered the parts and a week later the bearings were changed. When I picked up the car as soon as I drove away the whine was louder then ever I thought that maybe the bearings needed to run in so i gave it 1000 miles and they got realy noisey so I took the car back in to the dealer again they told me the bearings were bad ok maybe a bad set of bearings well I picked up the car today and I pulled out of the dealer and there was that f**king whine so I turned back and the dealer said to bring the car back so they could take a look my question is has anyone ever had this problem with there rear end?
btw the car only has 22000 mi. on it and already replaced power steering pump, shocks and 2 sets of rear end bearings and going on the set number 3 guess so much for ford tough !
harry444 is offline   Reply With Quote