View Single Post
Old 03-07-1999, 04:57 PM   #2
Ahren Ciotti
Registered Member

Hey Mark I got an 87 LX 4 banger myself! Is yours a notchback by any chance????? Mine is, and I like it. First of all, My friend owns a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, and he got a brand new motor, w/o the turbo, for around 2,000. Second, I am trying different things to make my 4 banger quicker, and I have asked all around and here is what I have come up with. Many people have suggested that I get a K&N filter for around 10 extra pony power, many people have suggested new rear gears, but I don't know if that would help you with your problem, OK the next one is cheap, if you look on your air intake hose, there should be a large piece in betmeen the intake manifold and the air box, the piece has the fodr logo on it. this is your air silencer, for a few more ponies remove this, and get a piece of three inch tube and replace it (save the thing) , next, I have heard wonders about getting a custom Y pipe and fitting dual exhaust on the 4 bangers, and finally a high performance intake or exhause manifold would significantly boost your pony power
P. S. I have had my motor rebuilt, and when they did this, they bored it out, and afterwards I felt a noticable difference
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
87' LX 4 banger notchback
stock
Ahren Ciotti is offline   Reply With Quote