View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 08:08 PM   #5
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Default Re: electric problems with electric fan

Well, the motor appears to still be good. I un-hooked the harness and ran the fan directly off of the battery. Although, I swear the fan sounds a little more "gravely" then it use too, but I guess it could be my imagination.

Not sure if any of you have had a chance to see or deal with the DC Controller, but it really seems like a nice quality unit. I really have my doubts that it went bad, but will have to contact the guy that sells them...see what he says. The controller is a vairable unit...so it may only turn on 20 % of the high output....or 100% depending on the climate conditions and demand the system puts on it.

I thought the fan motor could still work, but be going bad in a way that the fan put more of a load on the system then it was suppose too. There is always the possiblity that the connecter was not a great connnection....I will never know now that the darn thing is basically melted into one.

All other connections are good. The hot and negative to the controller...and the hot and the negative where they leave the controller to go to the fan are all perfectly new looking. Just this one connecter....on the ground wire about 8 inches off the fan's motor melted.

Is there a way to test the electric motor with a multidigital meter? Can someone explain how too do this. I borrowed a meter....but have little knowledge of the things. Would checking the motor for Continuity be something?
thanks guys,
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote