MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-21-2000, 11:24 AM   #1
Sac68
Registered Member

Question Cherrry Bomb?

My buddy just totalled his car which had a 2 week old Cherry Bomb Turbo muffler on it. He said he'll sell me the muffler for $15. I was wondering how well it would do on my 92 LX (2.3). Will it provide sufficient backpressure? Any HP increase?

As always, thanks in advance for any help.
Sac68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2000, 08:13 PM   #2
goduke
Registered Member

I wanted to put a cherry bomb on my car. I am asumming you are talking about the glass pack, which is like a long tube, not one that looks like a regular muffler. The glass pack will not fit, there is not enough room for it. I suggest to get under your car with the cherry bomb and hold it up to where you think it will go to see if it will fit.
I went to a local exaust shop and had the guy make me a peace of straight pipe(but it wasnt straight) to replace the muffler. It took him 5 minutes to make and only cost me about $7. It was a PITA to get the muffler(3 months old) off and put the staight pipe on. I didnt notice any horsepower gain(or loss) when i put the straight pipe on, or when i put the muffler back on for inspection.
I would sugest to get a high flowing muffler like a Flowmaster and have a garage put it on, so you dont have any exuast leaks.
If you have anymore Q's email me at goduke@pa.net

------------------
91 LX stock 4 banger
Panasonic Head Deck
Pioneer 4 way 6x9's, 600 x 1 amp
3 12" JL Audio W0
goduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2000, 08:32 PM   #3
Sac68
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Hey man, thanks for the info.

I'm probably going to pass on this one. I think a Flowmaster would sound kind of cheesy on my Mustang though (although I have them on my truck and they sound awesome).

I'll probably just get a plain old muffler.
Sac68 is offline   Reply With Quote