MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-30-2000, 11:15 AM   #1
Pastor Robert
Registered Member

Question Exhaust and warranty?

I took my Pony in for an oil change the other day and while I was there I asked about dual exhasut. Much to my surprise they told me that nonthing was available for my car, though the salesman told me different when I got it. That's another lesson to NOT trust salesmen.

Anyway, I'm going to look into having it done locally. However, does anyone know if this will in fact void my warranty? Besides picking up a few horsepower and sounding good, I think the fuel mileage would be better. I'd really appreciate any input on this before I run out and do something I might regret.

Also, while I'm at it, does anyone else experience a situation where their V-6 runs better before it reaches operating temp? Mine will run like a scalded cat at any RPM before it reaches the normal operating temp, but after it's sluggish until it hits 2500 to 3000. I'd like to hear from anyone who has a simliar situation.

Thanks,

Pastor Robert
Pastor Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2000, 06:06 PM   #2
stangirl2000
Registered Member

I just bought a V6 mustang and was very interested in modifying it with new exhaust as well. When I mention this to my brother, who just so happens to be a car salesmen, he warned me that if I do any modifications to the car that are not installed directly by the car company it would void the warranty. He suggested to me that I talk to somebody from the dealership that I bought it from and they could install some ford made dual exhaust and pretty much anything else that I wanted to "tweak." I would suggest that you do the same if you are worried about the warranty.

stangirl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2000, 11:30 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Duel exhaust systems are available for your 3.8 Mustang and it will improve gas mileage and of course, the sound.

Read your warranty information carefully to determine how an aftermarket exhaust might affect the warranty, if at all.

As for salesmen...remember, they are only there to sell cars and often, your sale will pay the rent that month so the temptation to tell you whatever will convince you to buy the car is what he'll/she'll say.
Many salespeople are only trained in 'selling' and don't really know much about the car, the warranty or anything else.
Sad but true in many cases.

I know, I used to sell Fords at a dealership.

It was all 'sell-sell-sell' and 'do what it takes' and customer satisfaction was a distant second in importance to sales volume, despite constant (public) claims to the contrary by the dealership.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2000, 03:50 PM   #4
93CobraR
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I called Ford to find out about the Warentee and they said that if you change the exhaust it just affects the warentee on it, nothing else. So if you put it on and the muffler burns up or falls off or rust of, ect.... they aren't responsible which is resonalbe.

------------------
87 Gt with 4 inch cowl hood, dark charcole grey, long tube headers,off road h-pipe, 2 chamber flows,BBK cold air intake, Mass air coversion, Cobra 70mm MAF, 1 intake spacer,180 thermo., MAC underdrive pulleys,Pro 5.0 shifter, and a King Cobra clutch,Crane adjustable fuel press. regulator, Mac Strut and Tower Brace, Lakewood Lift Bars,50/50's, Steeda subframe connectors, 4.10's.
Best time 13.49
Best MPH 102
Best 60' 1.816

Visit my site at:
http://www.geocities.com/cobrar93_20...l?947947194470
93CobraR is offline   Reply With Quote