MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-28-2001, 10:15 AM   #1
5.0L_Of_Fury
Registered Member

Post super charger?????

do any companies make a super charger for a 4 cyl pony? I know a guy who has one of the turbo 4 cyl GTS my god that car can fly...I like my lil motor it gets me where I need to be but it just dont have what it takes ya know? and if I drop my 302blownpony in it the insuarane man will come to my house once a month AND RAPE ME so I am looking for a good performance bolt on for my lil 4 cyl

------------------
My First Stang
No Substitute For Cubic Inches!

BURN EM UP
gcdrumboy@yahoo.com

5.0L_Of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 05:55 AM   #2
84stangLX

You can get a turbo from a junkyard thunderbird turbo coupe (many of these were manufactured). and since it has the same chassis/engine management system, you swap over the turbo/injectors and all the turbo hardware stuff and also the computer from the turbo coupe (i've never done it, but i think this is most of the stuff, there's probably a few other things as well). you can also get an intercooler from an SVO mustang or i've heard a turbo VOLVO intercooler will fit somewhere in the engine compartment. This should give you MUCH better performance than your 105 horsepower (i'm assuming your car is a '92 or '93 from what it looks like), more around 175 without the intercooler and easily 200 with it (like the SVO). The camshaft may be different on the SVO as well, but i'm not so sure on that one. Good luck, hope this helped.

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car
Old 07-03-2001, 02:34 PM   #3
mysticclam
Registered Member

This could work, but you would need the computer, harness, injectors etc off the turbo coupe or if you had a mass air equiped car 88 and up? You could use the same aftermarket stuff to run bigger injectors. The turbo 4s use low resistance injectors, or is it high, anyway its the opposite of what the NA cars use so you cant use the turbo injectors with a regular car computer. The turbo doesnt have a Mass airflow sensor, it uses a Vane Airflow meter. The air moves a door witha spring or something. Additionnally the turbo has a beefed up block and lower compression. A guy on the SVO list put the stuff on a 2.5 ranger and i think in the end he bent some rods with it. The is a company on the internet that makes kits for the ranger so its doable if you dont go crazy with the boost. Set your wastegate at 5 psi or so.
mysticclam is offline   Reply With Quote