MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-20-2002, 08:22 PM   #1
wfd146
Registered Member

Question Thinking of getting a Bassani exhaust vs. Flowmaster

Due to a delay in getting an American Thunder kit through Jegs, I'm looking elsewhere. I saw the Bassani kit, and will probably go that route because it's all stainless. Does anyone have one? Sound good? Pros/Cons?

wfd

Career firefighter - IAFF local 1590
"Always keep the Brothers in mind"
wfd146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 10:21 PM   #2
StangGT2002

Thumbs up

I have the Bassani cat back exhaust and could not be happier. The sound and quality is top notch. The ALL stainless steel will last you A LOT longer than those aluminized steel cat back systems(flowmaster, MAC, etc..). With the Bassani you can remove the baffles in the tips(which I did, its VERY easy) that gives it a deeper, and more loud rumble, or you can leave them in for a "Quiet Thunder" sound. Also, you will NOT get that "dreaded drone" at 2k RPMS's. I get compliments all the time on the sound of my exhaust. Another reason to go with Bassani is you will get a better performance increase compared to flowmaster....Bassani comes with straight through, Non Chambered mufflers which allow optimum airflow vs. Flowmaster which comes with chambered mufflers in which the airflow is not as effecient. Dont get me wrong Flowmaster makes a good system but IMO the Bassani has much more to offer! The Bassani is more expensive than the flowmaster but you get what you pay for.
Old 05-21-2002, 05:13 AM   #3
wfd146
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply!

The best price I've found is $569.95 through MustangsUnlimited.com. What is involved in removing the baffles?

wfd

Old 05-21-2002, 01:20 PM   #4
StangGT2002

Quote:
Originally posted by wfd146
Thanks for the reply!

The best price I've found is $569.95 through MustangsUnlimited.com. What is involved in removing the baffles?

wfd
Thats a good price, I payed a few more bucks for mine. In terms of removing the baffles it is VERY simple!! The baffles are located right inside the tips, all you do is remove one screw(on the bottom of each tip) and pull the baffles out. Also, you can put them back in as EASY as you took them out. This is a pretty unique feature with the Bassani cat back. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.
Old 05-21-2002, 05:31 PM   #5
wfd146
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Well, I called Mustangs Unlimited today to order, and the guy told me they were $750. I told him their catalog has them listed as $569.95, he tells me that all Bassani products went up. Almost 200 bucks? Then I quickly told him to shove it and hung up.
What a bunch of A-holes! I just got the catalog last week!

Well anyway, I ordered them through Thunderbolt Motorsports for $599.95 and they should be here in about a week.

To hell with Mustangs Unlimited!!

wfd

Old 05-22-2002, 02:09 AM   #6
StangGT2002

That sucks, what a bunch of morons! Bullsh*t, Bassani products have not went up that much...I would have gave them a piece of my mind as well! On the other hand, congratulations on purchasing the "cream of the crop" exhaust. Down the line, I suggest you purchase the Bassani X pipe which will give you THE BEST performing complete exhaust out there(excluding headers which is not needed unless you are going to add a supercahrger). In terms of sound, at first, drive around for a couple of miles with the baffles in then yank those suckers out....you will notice a world of difference! I would say about 90% of people remove the baffles, but its your preference. Let me know how you like it, im sure you will be satisfied.
Old 05-22-2002, 06:13 AM   #7
wfd146
Registered Member

Thumbs up

...will do! They said it should be here in about a week.

wfd

Old 05-23-2002, 12:12 PM   #8
MrMorden
Registered Member

Default Wait a minute

I got My Bassani setup from Houston Performance. The catback was $540. Shipping for the catback and X-pipe vbia FedEx was $35.
Kenny Brown subframes
Steeda Sport Springs
Bassani Cat X-Pipe & Catback
MrMorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 01:21 PM   #9
StangGT2002

Default Re: Wait a minute

Quote:
Originally posted by MrMorden
I got My Bassani setup from Houston Performance. The catback was $540. Shipping for the catback and X-pipe vbia FedEx was $35.
GREAT PRICE!