MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-25-2002, 06:41 PM   #1
Stang City
Registered Member

Angry Vibrations...

Our 94 has developed a rather nasty vibration. It kinda feels like it has a cam or something, but I'm told it's likely the flywheel or torque converter. Have any of you run across this? The short block has been changed due to head gasket problems, but the rest of the engine is original. The vibration is not new, and was the same with the old one so I can rule out the replacement block. The car has good power, and the vibration is constant thru out the power curve.
I've driven lots of other 3.8s and they don't have this problem, so it's likely not too common.
Old 10-27-2002, 09:16 AM   #2
GodStang
College Stanger

Could be tire balance or a bent rim. Some say That if it is natural vibrations than subframe connectors will help.
Old 10-27-2002, 04:48 PM   #3
Stang City
Registered Member

Default Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion, although the tires and rims were an initial concern, they have been checked and balanced. Subframe connectors are already a planned mod along with a GT rear end to give overall stability to the stang. This particular vibration is most definitely drive line related as it occurs when the car is stationary as well as through out the entire power curve. I've pretty much narrowed it down to either flywheel or converter. We are presently in the process of changing the converter to a 2200 stall and since the engine and transmission components will need to be be separated, we will also change out the flywheel at this time thereby eliminating the most likely causes in one operation.