MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-24-2002, 09:59 PM   #1
bunker
Registered Member

Default customizing

what do you all recommend i do to my car? i have a k&n air filter, new wheels, brand new engine, new tires, 3 amps, 10 cd changer, 10" sub.....im looking to increase the sound and power..have only about a grand to spend otherwise id put a supercharger....what do you think i should add? h-pipe with flowmaster dual exhaust?? help!
bunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 06:44 PM   #2
GodStang
College Stanger

Exhaust and underdrive pullies always a good start. What year and model car do you have? It would help us to know what mods.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:58 PM   #3
SinisterSN95
Registered Member

Sound = Exhaust definately, if you could, get an offroad h-pipe, or emission friendly hi flo

If you could afford a blower, you should wait and prep the engine with things like pulleys, chip?, air flow....then put in the blower. IMO the best one out there is the ATI Procharger
SinisterSN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 12:35 AM   #4
bunker
Registered Member

Default 94 v6

94 v6...i think i got a pully set on there too....the guy that had the car before me did all kinds of work on it..in fact ford calls him up when they have tech problems....got a brand new engine and car has 82,000 miles...thanks for the help
Old 06-26-2002, 10:49 PM   #5
bunker
Registered Member

Default cost

anyone know about how much it would cost to put a complete dual exhaust system? i was looking at flowmaster 50 series( how much are those 2??) and have no clue how much an h pipe would cost....plus headers....94 v6 if you didnt see above
Old 06-28-2002, 01:18 AM   #6
SinisterSN95
Registered Member

Default Re: cost

Quote:
Originally posted by bunker
anyone know about how much it would cost to put a complete dual exhaust system? i was looking at flowmaster 50 series( how much are those 2??) and have no clue how much an h pipe would cost....plus headers....94 v6 if you didnt see above
Check out this site...they have prices for everything

http://www.need-4-speed.com/V6%20Per...e%20Corner.htm
Old 06-28-2002, 07:16 PM   #7
GodStang
College Stanger

I have a 1994 with a H-Pipe and 2 chamber Flowmasters. I did the work myself. I went with SS tips which cost alittle more cause Chrome looks bad on a white stang. I cost me right around $500. Anymore questions feel free to ask.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:23 PM   #8
bunker
Registered Member

Default help

what all is there in the exhaust system that you can upgrade? what do most people upgrade on a v6? just the mufflers and h or x pipe? what is catback? thanks for the help...im just a newbie
Old 06-29-2002, 12:14 PM   #9
GodStang
College Stanger

As far as upgrading v-6 exhaust you can put new headers, new h-pipe, x-pipe, mufflers, and tail pipes. Most people put a h-pipe on and than two flowmasters, borla, or dynomax. Cat back means that it start after the catalytic converters (cats). If you get an Off-road h-pipe it does not have cats, therefore it flows better. Cats, turn Carbon Monoxide into Sulfuric acid so that it is less polluted. I have the off road h-pipe so mine is louder and get more HP.
Old 06-29-2002, 12:33 PM   #10
SinisterSN95
Registered Member

but before you go and get an OFFroad h-pipe, make sure your emissions tests wont interfere with that. If emissions are strict where you live, you'd be better off getting a High Flow Catalytic H-Pipe...gives you a nice sound, not as loud as the off roads, but it is good for a 6.
SinisterSN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 11:25 AM   #11
bunker
Registered Member

Default dynomax ultra flow ss

does $300 for the 2 mufflers installed and after tax alone seem high or is that a good price? how do they compare to the flows 40s and 50s?
Old 07-03-2002, 11:53 AM   #12
99Pony3.8
Registered Member

5.0 Mustang Mag had an article about modifying GT's. They had a side-bar commenting on their recommended mods for a V6. They recommend new exhaust (MAC Cat back for cost and bolt on ease, but duals will still be better), pullies, C&L Mass Air Sensor, and new gears with T-Lock (3.45 gears for a highway driven car, 3.71 for a city driven car). Just thought I'd pass it along - I trust their advise.
Old 07-03-2002, 10:46 PM   #13
SinisterSN95
Registered Member

Default Re: dynomax ultra flow ss

Quote:
Originally posted by bunker
does $300 for the 2 mufflers installed and after tax alone seem high or is that a good price? how do they compare to the flows 40s and 50s?
does that include all the clamps, fasteners, mounts and pipes???

If it comes with all that, its a great deal, an even better deal if you get Flowmaster 40's with them. Those sound really nice IMO. But, i went a different route and bought all my parts used, and got super turbo Dynomax mufflers for mine. They sound comparable to flows, but flows are still the best.
Old 07-04-2002, 12:44 AM   #14
bunker
Registered Member

Default still need h pipe

the place i went to and got that price said he isnt allowed to do off road h pipes so im getting that done elsewhere...so the only thing else id have to pay for is off road hpipe and instalation plus tips...he said he would install the 2 ultra flow ss mufflers for $300 including the parts...
Old 07-05-2002, 08:39 AM   #15
GodStang
College Stanger

I would be careful about going to a exhaust shop to get your h-pipe made. Everyone I have ever heard sounded very loud and very pingy. I got mine from MAC and it was $159. It was loud but not pingy. They ones fron a muffler shop are also usally not made well.