MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-20-2003, 07:58 PM   #1
Mustang 2.3 Conv
Registered Member

Question 1988 2.3 Conv Mustang problem with Fan????

Ok i read the other forum that the guy that had the problem with his son's car overheating, and well mine is close to his problem but not a cigar.
I have the problem where my fan does not want to kick on so i thought i would splice the wires and put them on the termnal and bam the fan worked but b4 i try this i had to pass echeck well b4 i went to there i had change the sensors there are 2 of them on the 2.3 mustang's one right under the intake man. and the other is right above the trans. and under the oil preassure sensor. {please forgive my english i suck at it and my car knowlege is like a Nobie so bare with me please} So afterwards i took and did a flush and redid the colant in it so there was fresh coolant. So then i took it to the Echeck on Hamilton. I was in there and the guy i fogot his name anyways i was siting in the waiting room and he had this wierd look on his face and he called another guy to come over and look at it wile he was flooring it and the other guy look at me at this time the guy that was in the car flag me to come out and when i did he ask me if my gague for the coolant was working and i said yes and look at the gague the dumb @*( had it in the RED ZONE 270 degrees {god why dont people think} anyway i told him right away to turn the car off and to pop the hood the fan was not on and it was pooring coolant all out of the coolant backflow holder. It was boiling mad with coolant so then he said he had to move the car out the building and he said that he didnt spill much of the coolant to worrie about the enginge {Ok to think if the coolant is boling out and there is not much that came out i say about 3 cups full wouldnt it still over heat the darn block or warp stuff inside cuz the heat ?????}
anyway we let it sit for 30 min then drove home and let it set now this is the thing i cant figure out.

First i check the stuff with the coolant it was full and anyway to make short the fan would kick on when i took and open the fan thing under the dash whenever i push the swicth in the fan would come on and so i bought a new one thinking that it mite be the problem it was not and mine didnt have dark stains on it and it didnt work

So im thinking 3 things
1 Processor
2 wires that go from the sensors to the unit under the dash that works when i manulay push the relay thing in it not a relay though
3 ground touching somewhere

PLEASE PLEASE help me with this i had this car siting for 5 years and now have some money to get it back on the road.
Mustang 2.3 Conv is offline   Reply With Quote