MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-23-2005, 12:11 AM   #1
beadgrrl
Registered Member

Default '95 Mustang -help me, I'm new.

Hi there! I'm new to this board and also new to owning a mustang..
I hope I'm in the right place for this info...
Ok..I bought a 95 Mustang from a guy (not too bright) for 300$. he had had a minor accident in it and when he saw how much it would be to fix the airbags &stuff he took his insurance $ and bought the neighbors car. This mustang had a factory replaced engine a few years back and only has about 34,000 miles on it. He told me that it leaked gas before the accident and he didn't know why...I looked under there the other day and could plainly see that the gasket where the tank and the (fill tube)from the outside meet was dry rotted. so my Q is, is it possible to fix this gasket without dropping the tank? If so I would like to do this myself...Does anyone know about this?? thanks in advance..steph
beadgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:03 AM   #2
red95
Registered Member

Default Re: '95 Mustang -help me, I'm new.

Removing top half of tube from body to mid section can be done without removing tank.Removing tank is a little more involved and takes a special tool to release fuel line disconnects. I suggest you go buy a manual at the parts store. Also, you can probably get some more info on mystery leaks from local shop that specializes in fuel repair.
red95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 01:06 AM   #3
beadgrrl
Registered Member

Well, I did it...ok my brother helped. We did end up having to drop the tank but we only did it enough to get the fill tube out and to replace the gasket (24$ at dealer!@#) Not too bad. thanks any hoo for the info...I'll probably have more Q's at some point...
steph "beadgrrl"
Old 05-08-2005, 02:40 PM   #4
red95
Registered Member

Thumbs up Re: '95 Mustang -help me, I'm new.

Glad you got it fixed. Females fixing their own cars is cool. Something you might want to watch for is a spare electric fan. Mine just recently stopped working and the car overheated and cracked the radiator. The radiator was only $114 but the fan was $167. Luckily the radiator shop had a used one for $50.
red95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 04:19 AM   #5
beadgrrl
Registered Member

Well thanks for the info, but I had my lil' bro to help! I can't wait to drive my 1st mustang!