MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-20-2006, 09:33 AM   #1
MartyJ
Registered Member

Red face Little Pony Panting in Deep South

Hello All,
I Need a little help cooling off my 97 mustang 3.8L. When I run the AC, my engine temp climbs just shy of hot on my gauge. The air is cold and the fan is running, I just installed a new themostat, new tranny oil and filter, new antifreeze. When I turn the AC on at an idle, it pulls the engine rpm down for a moment and also the volts. Does this sound like the compressor is going bad or maybe needs oil? Or does it sound like the AC clutch maybe going south? The old pony runs a little warmer than normal at highway speeds but gets ugly when caught in traffic. I did flush the radiator with Gunk super flush before replacing the coolant. I can't see if the radiator is corroded from the cap opening due to the way it is made. It has been pushing 95 degrees F every day down here on the gulf coast which I'm sure isn't helping. Worst thing is it's my wife's car and I hope to keep her cool. Thanks for any insight on this problen in advance. Any ideas are welcome. BTW, This may sound even more idiodic than the rest of my post but I recently changed the motor oil and had to resort to a "tech" (walmart) brand oil filter because they were out of Fram filters. I noticed the oil pressure approx. ~5 psi higher than normal. This may just be coincidental but the higher oil pressure may be indicating less oil flow.

MartyJ

Last edited by MartyJ; 07-20-2006 at 07:01 PM..
MartyJ is offline   Reply With Quote