MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-21-2002, 03:04 PM   #1
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Default Help with power windows

My passenger window quit working the other day (won't go up from either driver door or passenger door). I think there is a short in it so I took off the door panel to look at it. Well, I have no electrical skills at all so I wouldn't know where the problem was if I was looking right at it. The car is going into the shop on Wednesday for the gears and I'm going to have them look at the window while it's there.

I have to drop the car off Tuesday night and let it sit in the parking lot until Wednesday when they look at it. I want to get my window back up so I don't have to put a bag over it. I have tried pulling the window up but it won't go up. Is there some kind of lock that prevents you from manually moving it up?? How can I get my window up since I can't use the electric controls??

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 03:22 AM   #2
Big Bopper
Registered Member

Default window

I had the same problem it was a dead motor.I managed to get my fingers on the window and pulled it up at the same time as I pushed up on the window switch,try that out,it worked for me
Old 04-22-2002, 10:46 AM   #3
Chevyguy
Backyard Mechanic/Chemist

Try banging on the motor while pushing the up button. This may restore contact between the brushes and armature in the window motor. I took a shot one apart and they were a real mess. It may seem like the motor will work again after this, but just raise the window and get a new motor. The pass motor should be easier to find, but most of the Mustangs in the boneyards around here were 4 cyls with roll up windows, but the power windows are out there!

Banging on a stuck electric motor can work temporarly with about any electric motor. My wipers stopped while it was snowing, a few blows from the tire iron got me home with wipers, they stopped a few days later again, but heck it got me home!

93 P-71 Vic interceptor Backup car now

90 5.0 LX Notch SOLD

74 Chevy Laguna type S-3 454 under construction
Currently apart undergoing bodywork.
Chevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 08:20 PM   #4
RoadWarrior
Registered Member

I recently had the same problem but with the driver side. If you can take the door panel off test to see if any of the wires are getting power. What happened to mine was that the wires in the door boot broke after 20 years of opening and closing. All i had to do to fix it was get into the door boot and put in new wires. And if its the wires, you can run a battery charger to the switch and use it to roll up your window.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:13 PM   #5
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

It's supposed to be 70 on wednesday with no rain so I'm just going to wait and let the shop figure out what's wrong with the window. I already have the door panel off so they won't have to piss around and charge me for taking it off.

As soon as the gears are done and the window is fixed, it's going to be subframes, control arms, and 6psi

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote