MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-25-2002, 04:23 PM   #1
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Question Pulling in the front of 02 Mustang

Okay, I've noticed in the last month that when I break in my stang to make a complete stop, it feels like the whole car is going forward. Like the engine is almost moving forward after the car is stopped (that's a lil bit of an exaggeration), but gives you the idea of what it's doing. I bought this brand new in the end of July, zero miles so it hasn't been beat on, and didn't notice it till late August. Is this something that I should be worried about or is it ok??? Why is it doing this??? Any help would be greatly appreciated! (by the way its a 2002 v6 auto stang)

Thanks- Jill

Last edited by MissBlondie; 11-25-2002 at 06:07 PM..
MissBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 05:28 PM   #2
GodStang
College Stanger

Nothing too odd about that. Mine does it. If you put Springs on your car it will greatly reduce that. It is just Mometum being dispursed. Hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2002, 09:50 PM   #3
Janeofalltrades

Default Ditto

Jill,

It's just the beauty of the beast. Adding a nicely engineered set of springs, reducing the center of gravity of the vehicle and stabalizing chassis deflection/strut tower movement will help you reduce that feeling your getting. You are feeling a deflection in the bushings as you brake. It is a heavy car, with a good sized engine and it has room for lateral movement. It only gets "better" with more miles, so whether you put the $ in now or later it's all up to you. I waited until the warranty was up on mine. Then I started to make the modifications.

If you feel it may be an issue with the motor mounts themselves, the driveline/driveshaft "slamming" at the transmission point or that the A/T is producing a "heavy down shift from 1st to Neutral" then you will want to take it in and ask the dealer to test drive it and tell them exactly what you are telling us. Still under 3/36 warranty.

Good luck. Stedda (www.Stedda.com) is a great company. They and Eibach (www.Eibach.com) make phenominal product lines for Mustang daily driver applications. It makes our little pony a true engineered machine. Most reputable ASE shops will put in "the big boy parts" for a pretty penny. Sometimes the labor is the most expensive part of the modification. That's unless you have a handfull of buddies and all the right tools to do it yourself (not to mention the handy pneumatic lift in the garage floor)

Hope this helps
Jennifer
aka Jane of all Trades
Old 11-29-2002, 09:55 PM   #4
Janeofalltrades

Default GSXR

Hey Jill..

You ride? GSXR - Suzuki - 600? Throw another "R" on the end of that and "Girl you Da' Bomb!"

I had a Kawasaki EX500/Husband had a Suzuki Katana 600. I'm 5' 2" so that's as big of a machine as I liked to put between my legs.....Got thrown down on a VERY SLOW 10MPH corner. Not good. Still here, minus some knee cap, but wouldn't say I wouldn't try it again!

Jenn
Old 11-29-2002, 10:28 PM   #5
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info, I've just never felt this in my other mustangs. It just feels like its all in the front end, like the motor is moving forward. I think I may have my mechanic take it for a spin just to be on the safe side.

Jenn~ Yeah I have a gixxer 600 blue/white... Love it! I had a 250 for 2 years... then bought this bike back in the spring... Such a rush for me... I just bought a f-150 this past week to haul it... Sorry to hear about you droppin your bike, glad your ok though... First year I started riding I was ridin passenger and a guy did a wheelie at about 95mph and we hit gravel, lost it and we went flyin'. Thankfully I've always been a big believer in gear. Atleast helmet/jacket. Got away with just a lil road rash and some sore body parts. I'm only 5'3 so when I bought this bike, part of the deal was for them to drop it.

~Jill

"Love, peace, and chain grease"
Old 11-29-2002, 10:57 PM   #6
Janeofalltrades

Default Your crazy Girl!

Your crazy Girl! I know that most the pro bike riders aren't strapping large fellas and all, but I'll take my speed wrapped in a full metal jacket.

I have always belived in risk reduction via safety gear so, I too was saved from the flaming ISO alcohol party that follows a good case of road rash. How does the 600 handle for you?

If your at all nervous about your new "boy", it would be best to let the pros check him out! I always prefer to. My tech, Trey, will sometimes call me teasing about my "phantom" car problem. I've had this poor guy upside down with a scope on the floor listening for the steerling linkage pops, CV boot issues (on the Exploder)and what not. Got to love a good, well humored, mechanic. Sometimes you just get a car that has that little something that makes you nuts! Hopefully, you don't have one.

C-ya.....Jenn
Old 11-29-2002, 11:21 PM   #7
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Default Jenn

I haven't really had anything happen with this stang, other than this pulling thing. Hasn't given me any trouble whatsoever. I had a '94 droptop that gave me problems every time I turned around. I swear I replaced EVERYTHING on that car, (top to tranny).

Girl you know how it is with speed! heehee The 600 handles well. I like taking it to the track and anything bigger is not a track bike. However, I've done a few things to the bike, first being putting a damper on it. Learned the hard way with that.