MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-23-2002, 05:43 PM   #1
Tiberious00
Registered Member

Question I'm looking to mod???

Hi all,

You can laugh at me and think I am crazy, but such is life. Anyway, my story is that I HAD a '99 Cobra and got rid of it (missing the power now) and now have a '01 3.8 v6 Convertible. I am looking to do some mods to my '01 to boost the HP. Tell me if I am wrong or crazy, but I am thinking of:

1. Putting a supercharger kit (brand not decided yet, but thinking of the Procharger line) on it.
2. New exhaust.

Along with these I want to know what else I might/should adjust or modify? Please be frank as to what you think, all opinions are welcome.

I am also looking for referals to a couple of solid and trustworthy mod shops that can handle all the things that I cannot do myself. I would like to find them near Lansing/Jackson/Detroit Michigan. I currently live near Lansing but will be moving toward the Metro Dtroit area shortly.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Tib.
Tiberious00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 10:11 PM   #2
GodStang
College Stanger

I agree with the supercharger. I think Vortech is the only one that makes it for a v-6. I am not sure though. I would go with MAC off-road h-pipe and Steeda or MAC Underdrive Pullies. Look to put 3.73 or 3.55 rearend gears in. Best mod I have is the Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter and steeda Clutch quad. Bigger throttle body.
I live in south carolina so I do not know of any places up there. Plus I do not trust shops. I do all the work myself. Well good luck and if you have any questions email me at _US_MALE@yahoo.com
Old 01-24-2002, 11:05 PM   #3
Stang Runner
Registered Member

ATI make one too
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 01:13 AM   #4
1965GTO
Registered Member

If you up the power to V8 levels in a six cylinder car you will need a posi-fraction unit to limit traction and avoid transmission damage, it only allows a fraction of traction to reach the transmission. Just kidding. Really though a different gear ratio in the differential might do alot depending on what you have now. And a set of gears aren't that expensive.
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote