MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2002, 07:45 PM   #1
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Angry throwout bearing noise!!

My t/o bearing is making noise, not all the time but usually when im at a light trying to look cool , how hard would it be to just change it? i have installed a t-5 in my gravel driveway so im somewhat inclined to perform some major work, problem is i dont have alot of time, and have to have my car everyday, dang clutch and t/o is fairly new, with some hard sticky tire lauches on it (im never getting a motorsport clutch again) I might order a centerforce t/o bearing for 33$ and get it over with, but keep my fms disk and Pressure plate,

what do i do? unbolt the bellhousing?? and start working? and is the centerforce t/o bearing really any more durable?

thanx fellas......
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 05:38 PM   #2
phatpony
Registered Member

Well, I just put in a Centerforce dual friction clutch (in my driveway), and I can tell you that you will need to remove the tranny to replace the t/o bearing. You can probably get by with leaving the bellhousing bolted up to the motor, but then you have to kinda fish around to get the clutch fork back onto the pivot ball. Good luck!!
'93 LX, Cobra intake, K&N conical filter, tremec, 4.10, billet quadrant and firewall adjuster, paxton fuel regulator, MAC equal length shorties, BBK X-pipe with cats, Flowmaster 2-chamber cat back with stainless tips

No, I'm fat, the car is PHAT!
phatpony is offline   Reply With Quote