MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-23-2002, 01:56 PM   #1
Diabolic
Registered Member

Thumbs up Request for info on '00 Stang Upgrades

I was hoping someone here could help me with a few technical questions about upgrading my '00 Stang V6 coupe.

Someone suggested to me that a 302 BOSS might possibly fit into the car. Is this true? I know that SVT did that but I don't know if the job requires heavy modification (which obviously wouldn't be worth it). It's probably too much to hope for a "drop in" configuration. (?)

Is there a hood available for the '00 Stang that is pre-cut for a shaker or intake? I found the RAM AIR version but that wasn't quite what I was looking for.

What kind of horsepower and torque can the electrical system and 5-speed manual transmission reasonably be expected to handle?

Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated. I'm ready to start upgrades and modifications but it's difficult to find good information on what's available (or possible). Thanks in advance.
Diabolic is offline   Reply With Quote