MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-05-2002, 10:02 AM   #61
bigblockcoupe
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mustang2000
one it depends on the bran of CAI u get mac claim u get up to 20 hp more cause if u get 3 or 5 more hp thats probably the K&N filter since thats what comes with it and since the cold air intake basically brings the air straight to the engine cause most people take off the silencer and another thing the older gts a v-6 can too beat it depending what u put in the v-6 and u cannot say torque alone can beat a v-6 cause the new v-6 have 225 lbs of torque and the older gts have like 285 they do not have 302 in them like the new gts so in another words YES a new v-6 can beat a older GT by the way 225 hp is with the 98 gts 94-96 gts have 220 hp and another thing is that anyone can increase the torque on their cars but they have to replace the axle cause the axle they put on it wont stand the power so it will bend or break
what the heck is this about the axle i have run factory axles into the 10's w/o breaking also i've never seen a v-6 stang beat any v-8 even one running on 7 cylinders that v6 beating v8 crap starts to get into ricer theory and we all know this kind of mis- information is what is destroying todays youth.
Rice Haters Club member #68

'93 Cobra 10.20@135

'89 Gt Coupe 12.20@115
bigblockcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 11:58 AM   #62
mustang2000
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigblockcoupe
what the heck is this about the axle i have run factory axles into the 10's w/o breaking also i've never seen a v-6 stang beat any v-8 even one running on 7 cylinders that v6 beating v8 crap starts to get into ricer theory and we all know this kind of mis- information is what is destroying todays youth.
well u still would have to be careful cause my friend used to work for PFI when they would drag witht CRX's and their rear axles would break and then he would have to fix it if u have too much power going to eh axle then it would break cause at a certain point of time something is going to break cause of the fact the axle can take so much of power and then it cant handle it anyways v-6 mustangs have 193hp with 3.27 rack and pinion vs a 94-98 i believe they have 3.08 or 2.73 one of them are in them so they have slow acceleration and they also have 220 hps from 94 to 97 and the 98s have 225 99+ gts have 260hp with 302 lbs of torque while the 94-98 have 285 lbs of torque or near it so do the math it may not be able to beat the v-8 in top end but it probably would beat it with acceleration as in drag strip probably
mustang2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 12:52 PM   #63
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
well u still would have to be careful cause my friend used to work for PFI when they would drag witht CRX's and their rear axles would break and then he would have to fix it if u have too much power going to eh axle then it would break cause at a certain point of time something is going to break cause of the fact the axle can take so much of power and then it cant handle it anyways v-6 mustangs have 193hp with 3.27 rack and pinion vs a 94-98 i believe they have 3.08 or 2.73 one of them are in them so they have slow acceleration and they also have 220 hps from 94 to 97 and the 98s have 225 99+ gts have 260hp with 302 lbs of torque while the 94-98 have 285 lbs of torque or near it so do the math it may not be able to beat the v-8 in top end but it probably would beat it with acceleration as in drag strip probably
BWHAHAHAHHAHAH.....please do me a favor. Learn the facts about what you are trying to discuss, because you are making yourself look dumb.

1)You not gonna break the axles on a stang unless your really hauling ***. On a street car, don't even worry about it.

2)The slight gearing advantage that the V-6 has is not match for the extra torque and power of a V-8, sorry. The GT will win in the 1/4. Also on a side, many new GT's come with 3.27 gears.

3)I find is odd that your friend would fix the rear axles of CRX's after they broke them.....considering that CRX's are front wheel drive.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 12:58 PM   #64
bigblockcoupe
Registered Member

LOL Tireburner i was getting ready to flame this guy myself but i see you took care of that even using his own torque #'s he should be able to realize that it wouldn't be much of a race i personally raced a '96 v6 5-speed against my bone stock '91 lx convetible with an aod with 2.73 gears and dusted his arse 4 times especially off the line the v6 just doesn't have the torque.

'93 Cobra 10.20@135

'89 Gt Coupe 12.20@115
Old 09-05-2002, 01:18 PM   #65
mustang2000
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163
BWHAHAHAHHAHAH.....please do me a favor. Learn the facts about what you are trying to discuss, because you are making yourself look dumb.

1)You not gonna break the axles on a stang unless your really hauling ***. On a street car, don't even worry about it.

2)The slight gearing advantage that the V-6 has is not match for the extra torque and power of a V-8, sorry. The GT will win in the 1/4. Also on a side, many new GT's come with 3.27 gears.

3)I find is odd that your friend would fix the rear axles of CRX's after they broke them.....considering that CRX's are front wheel drive.
well if u would be reading more carefully i wasnt talking about the new gts was I and another thing i didnt say that he had to fix the rear axles of the crx did i mention the rear axle no i didnt i said that the axles of the CRXs when they drag races broke the axles so dont make yourself look more stupider by not reading what i said carefully i also talked to a mechanic and he says that the axles can break if it has too much power that the axle can take then it will snap if the driveshaft doesnt first anyways so maybe u should brush up on your mechanical skills if u just add tons of power and torque on a car something going to go sooner or later cause they are only made for a certain amount of power
Old 09-05-2002, 01:20 PM   #66
mustang2000
Registered Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mustang2000
[B]well u still would have to be careful cause my friend used to work for PFI when they would drag witht CRX's and their rear axles would break

well so i put rear axle in anyways cause i didnt know if they are front wheel or not since i dont study CRX cause they are ugly
Old 09-05-2002, 01:25 PM   #67
bigblockcoupe
Registered Member

Quote:
well if u would be reading more carefully i wasnt talking about the new gts was I and another thing i didnt say that he had to fix the rear axles of the crx did i mention the rear axle no i didnt i said that the axles of the CRXs when they drag races broke the axles so dont make yourself look more stupider by not reading what i said carefully i also talked to a mechanic and he says that the axles can break if it has too much power that the axle can take then it will snap if the driveshaft doesnt first anyways so maybe u should brush up on your mechanical skills if u just add tons of power and torque on a car something going to go sooner or later cause they are only made for a certain amount of power
good lord i could flame you so hard but today i'm feeling nice and you did say rear axle besides you have it coming from Tireburner.
(stupider) WTF?is that a word?? i think your even less likely to break a drivshaft than a stock axle. and it's not like a crx has a solid axles it's a freakin cv axle something totally different i'm stopping now i feel the flames arising.

'93 Cobra 10.20@135

'89 Gt Coupe 12.20@115
Old 09-05-2002, 01:34 PM   #68
mustang2000
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigblockcoupe
good lord i could flame you so hard but today i'm feeling nice and you did say rear axle besides you have it coming from Tireburner.
so i realized which i didnt pay attention to what i was saying anyways cause i didnt know the CRXs are front wheel drive since i dont pay any attention to them and then there is the weight of the car is 3,364 lbs for the v-6 is has 3,164 with manual transmission and weight does matter on acceleration
Old 09-05-2002, 02:03 PM   #69
tireburner163

First of all.....trying using proper english and I would have a much easier time reading your posts. Capital leters at the start of sentences and periods help, maybe even a comma here and there. Keep it up and I'm gonna start reposting your posts for you with proper grammer and english.

Other thing, there is no such thing as a GTS, not anymore. They where made in 95 and only a few where made, they were no faster or slower than a regular 95 GT's.

Yes a axle can snap on a car.....I never said it couldn't.....but your not gonna break the axles on a street driven stang, so it's not worth worrying about. You would have to be making some serious power and be on slicks to snap them. CRX's and other front wheel drive cars will snap the hell out of some half-shafts because they are not solid, they have a joint in them....that's where they break.

The slight weight difference is out weighted by the extra grunt of the V-8. Lets talk track times. A new V-6 is a mid-high 15 second car. The new GT's are high 13-low 14 second cars. That's a 2 second difference, a *** WHOOPING. At least 10-15 cars.

As I have said.....please be informed of the subject before a disscussion. I refuse to fight a battle of knowlege with a unarmed person.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 09-05-2002, 02:07 PM   #70
mustang2000
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163
First of all.....trying using proper english and I would have a much easier time reading your posts. Capital leters at the start of sentences and periods help, maybe even a comma here and there. Keep it up and I'm gonna start reposting your posts for you with proper grammer and english.

Other thing, there is no such thing as a GTS, not anymore. They where made in 95 and only a few where made, they were no faster or slower than a regular 95 GT's.

Yes a axle can snap on a car.....I never said it couldn't.....but your not gonna break the axles on a street driven stang, so it's not worth worrying about. You would have to be making some serious power and be on slicks to snap them. CRX's and other front wheel drive cars will snap the hell out of some half-shafts because they are not solid, they have a joint in them....that's where they break.

The slight weight difference is out weighted by the extra grunt of the V-8. Lets talk track times. A new V-6 is a mid-high 15 second car. The new GT's are high 13-low 14 second cars. That's a 2 second difference, a *** WHOOPING. At least 10-15 cars.

As I have said.....please be informed of the subject before a disscussion. I refuse to fight a battle of knowlege with a unarmed person.
I wasnt talking about a new gt i was talking about the 94-98 mustang gt's if would have read the yr i was talking about anyways I aint good at english or proper stuff anyways
Old 09-05-2002, 08:20 PM   #71
tireburner163

I'm not talkin Harvard here, just periods. Not one huge sentence.

All I know is that if you believe that a V-6 Mustang will win off the line because it has 3.27 gears and the GT has 2.73 gears, your a F'in RETARD!!!

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 09-06-2002, 12:37 PM   #72
99Pony3.8
Registered Member

Tireburner is right. A V-8 with similar HP numbers will always smoke a smaller engine unless there is something wrong with it. I said it first in this thread and I will say it again. Having more cylinders and a higher displacement counts in a big way. HP alone does not tell you anything.

Plus, there is one other thing you are missing. Just becuase GTs have higher rear axle ratios doesn't mean their gear ratio overall is higher. Both auto and manual tranny's in GTs are different than the tranny's used in the 3.8's. The tranny's in a 3.8 have a different gear ratio than the tranny's in a GT, hence the need for a different rear axle ratio. So the final drive ratio is different between the 2 and the rear gears are tuned to the specific tranny and engine combo in the car. Rear gears are only 1 part of the equation. You have to take the whole drive train into account, not just 1 component to determine the final drive ratio at the rear wheels.

One more thing - who would trust a guy who is so ignorant they even admit "I aint good at english or proper stuff anyways". Obviously, he doesn't know s^!t about cars either.

Hey look, I know how to use commas, periods, and caps.
Old 09-06-2002, 02:17 PM   #73
GodStang
College Stanger

In the end it comes down to the diver. I know a guy that has 475 HP rearwheel in a 1995 GT. He runs a 14.6 in the quarter. He also put nitrous on it a shot of 115hp NOS. And not any better.

Other people have gotten it in 12's. So the moral of the story is yes a v6 can beat a v8. As long as a v8 has a sucky driver.

My friend was drving my Piece of S*** car at the local strip and raced a Chevy V8 and beat it. I THINK the chevy was like a 80 something cutluss or somehthing like that. It was no camero or vette (HAHA) but it was still an 8. So who ever says a V6 can not beat a V8 on the track I seen it done.
Old 09-06-2002, 03:55 PM   #74
bigblockcoupe
Registered Member

or a driver thats drunk or asleep or isn't racing or is turning then a v6 may be able to win.

'93 Cobra 10.20@135

'89 Gt Coupe 12.20@115
Old 09-11-2002, 09:14 AM   #75
99Pony3.8
Registered Member

I thought this discussuin was about which CAR would be faster. The V-8 will smoke the V-6 any day. Sure, if the V-8 driver is asleep, the planets are in perfect alignment, etc., etc., then yes, maybe a 3.8 could win. But the V-8 is still the faster CAR and should never lose with a decent driver. We can debate all day about what conditions a V-6 could beat a V-8, but the bottom line is that under normal conditions, the V-8 would win hands down.