MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-05-2001, 01:26 AM   #1
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Cool Found a Notchback, but need advice

Well, I went to look at an 89 Notchback today. The car is in about as many pieces as it was before it started its way down the assembly line at Ford, but it's all there. Plus the guy has an extra set of doors, an extra bumper cover, a couple sets of LX tail lights and couple sets of head lights, and even a nice looking 4" cowl hood. It also comes with a Notchback wing and a GT wing, a new deck lid, good fenders, etc. He started prepping the car for paint so the windows are all out of the car along with all the weather stripping.

Now for the good stuff:
The car has a 351 EFI in it which already runs and is supposed to only have 15,000 miles on the rebuild. It has a 75mm BBK TB, 75mm Pro-M bullet, 30lb injectors, Edelbrock Performer intake, stock looking heads (he doesn't know), Lunati cam (no idea what grind), shorty headers, crossover, cat-back, 3.73 gears, Center Force dual friction with scatter shield bell housing, a good T-5 with a Hurst shifter, etc.

He's asking $3300 for the car. I could use one of the bumper covers for my car, along with the GT wing. These are parts I want for it anyway so they are a bonus. The rest is more than enough to finish off the Notch with parts left over. So do you think it's worth it? It needs a ton of work.

Now here's the sad part. I'll have to somehow convince my wife I need this car
She's the one holding the money.

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 12:50 PM   #2
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

if your looking for a good project i would go for it! u could always sell the extra parts and make some of the money back. if your don't want it tell me where it is, i've been looking for a straight notch myself! just tell the wife your investing in the kid(s) future car!

------------------
89 GT AOD w/ shift kit, B&M rachet shifter, Trickflow intake, Crane (E-type) cam, 70Tb, 75MAF, 1.6 Rockers, Pulleys, MAC headers and H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, K&N, 3 core radiator, white face gauges, custom interior, cobra R rims. 14.9 at 95.07mph with stock 2.73's.

89LX 2.3 Notch, daily beater!
MY89GT
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 01:29 PM   #3
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

kevin,
is the body straight and prety much ready for paint? if so then i'd say go for it if you know a good paint shop

if its gonna need a lot of body work then i'd personally stay away from it because i dont have the patience for bodywork, maybe you do

if you do get it, you should paint it all silver, no black trim (except for the windows), and no graphics or flames, i saw a picture of a guy's notch on the corral that is very clean and all silver and it is absolutely beautiful, i think his name is like viper stang or something like that

what color is the interior? if its red like mine that cuts down on the options of exterior colors that would look good. can you picture my car in blue with a red interior

------------------
88 Notch, B&M Ripper, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, full exhaust,65mm TB, Nitto DR's, new best 1/4--> 13.42@106.18 (1.89 short time)
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 01:47 PM   #4
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

The interior is gray. I will be painting the car myself if I get it, but I don't think I will paint it silver. It's one of the hardest colors there is to shoot and keep from running. I'm good enough to do it, but I wouldn't want to.

As for the body work it does need a new quarter on it. He has been filling the spots with Bondo and I couldn't live with that if I bought it so it would have to take it to a shop to have an OEM quarter welded in, but that's it. The rest of the car is in good shape from what there was to see of it since every panel on the car had been removed.

I've been dying to do a custom paint job on a car so if I get it this car would become my canvas. I have an airbrush and would love to try some custom striping and shadowing with it.

I have always wanted to do an American flag all over a car. Not that the attacks have anything to do with it, I've just always been one to proudly buy American products since I've lost 2 jobs from companies moving to Mexico and I think that would be an appropriate theme for an American made car.

I got the idea a couple years ago when I saw an American made Fender Strat painted like a flag. It was beautiful.

[This message has been edited by 2FastLX (edited 11-05-2001).]
Old 11-05-2001, 04:47 PM   #5
fiveohpatrol

you could be the American Austin Powers

------------------
88 Notch, B&M Ripper, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, full exhaust,65mm TB, Nitto DR's, new best 1/4--> 13.42@106.18 (1.89 short time)
Old 11-06-2001, 02:27 AM   #6
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I guess I would have to have seen the movies to catch that one Drew
Old 11-06-2001, 01:18 PM   #7
fiveohpatrol

he drove around a 67 Jaguar with a British flag painted all over it, sorry to confuse you

------------------
Old 11-06-2001, 02:21 PM   #8
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I see. I don't think I've seen it. If I have I don't remember the car.

There's a Ford Ranger in town with a custom paint job on it. If I see it running around town I'll try to get a pic for you. It has a design that I like.