MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-16-2004, 11:31 PM   #1
StangerGurl
Registered Member

Default V6 exhaust

I have a 1995 V6 Mustang that is getting ready to get a new exhaust system. While looking into exhaust systems online, I've found that V6 models are quite limited (or at least what I can see), but I have found a V6 exhaust converter. Now, my question is this: With the converter, will I be able to mount an X-pipe or an H-pipe that is built for a 1994-95 V8?

From what I've been able to gather, I would be able to do this, but I'm not exactly positive and would like to gather all the info that I can before I go for the buy.

If you're wondering what I'm talking about, I found the converter on Steeda Auto Parts' web site (www.steeda.com). The description isn't /extreamly/ clear as to what I can do with it, so any input would be awsome.

Also, if anyone has done an exhaust system like this, any feed back would be extreamly helpful as well.

Thanks, all!
Old 05-18-2004, 05:21 PM   #2
arivera
Registered Member

I have a 97 V-6 Mustang. I wanted 'true-dual' exhaust so after doing soime research, here's what I did. I took my pony to my muffler guy who cut the single exhaust system off at the 'Y' pipe just behind the cats. Then he ran 2-1/2" pipe from the cats into two dual-chamber Flowmaster exhausts. The twin exhaust pipes are nicely capped with 3" polished stainless steel tips!

Looks good, sounds great and added horsepower to the V-6.
'97 V-6 Stang: Custom Catback Exhaust System w/2 Flowmaster 40 series dual-chamber mufflers [True Dual Exhaust] w/ 3-1/2 inch tips, DenseCharger Cold Air Induction, Taylor 8mm Ignition Wires, PIAA hyperwhite headlights, Carbon Fiber Dash Bezel, Econ Front and rear drilled and slotted rotors.
arivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:59 PM   #3
StangerGurl
Registered Member

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I've thought about doing something like that, but my problem is that I'm a little low on funds...I have a friend, though, who is a skilled welder, so I might be able to pull something like that off if he was to help with some of the work.

I'll look into it.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:32 PM   #4
Stang_Girl617
Registered Member

I did the same thing with my stang... although I have a 2000. It cost me 300 bucks. I had a friend with the same model you had that had little welding knowledge, bought all the pipes out of the summit catalog and welded it all together himself. He hasnt had any problems with it yet so if your friend is as good as you say... you should be better off than he is.

2000 V6 Stang
so far only exaust and BBK CAI
Stang_Girl617 is offline   Reply With Quote