MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-15-2003, 02:03 PM   #1
jeffnichols
Registered Member

Default mustang 351 conversion

huy guys I have been looking at many diffrent engine/trans setups I think that I am going to run a 351 instead of the 302. what would I have to do to have a successful installation? And I am setting my stang up for the road and track not just the straight away is the 351 a good choice?
jeffnichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 08:24 AM   #2
420nitro
Registered Member

Default Re: mustang 351 conversion

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffnichols
huy guys I have been looking at many diffrent engine/trans setups I think that I am going to run a 351 instead of the 302. what would I have to do to have a successful installation? And I am setting my stang up for the road and track not just the straight away is the 351 a good choice?
I perfer a 351 base motor over a 302 motor. A lot of advantages to a 351 for a street car but you need to mate a 351 with a good pair of cylinder heads. As goes for the installation aspect, are you running a carb. or efi set-up? I believe the efi set-up is great for your daily commute and driveabilty. Like mention in alot of other forums, the stock motor mounts will work (get new ones), you will need different headers due to block size, A different lower intake (EFI), most likely a larger cowl induction hood, and a distributer. I am sure I am missing something but you get the idea. When you start, what ever company you get this from will help you out.

Depending on what you do for acc. will depend on what brackets you keep or need to replace. The starter will also work on a 351.
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote