MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-28-2002, 08:20 PM   #1
Wendell Allen
Registered Member

Default Water Hose Hook Up?

I'm rebuilding this '65 200ci motor, and I'm almost done. But there's this, what appears to be a water outlet that I'm not certain about. And it's been a couple of months since I pulled the motor so I don't recall what goes in this hole (go ahead, I can take the jokes).

Anyway, at the front edge of the block, drivers side, behind the lower radiator hose inlet. About a 1" diameter hole, with two bolt holes, and a bracket that attaches to the power steering unit also attaches here. e-mail me directly (stingray@houston.rr.com) if you want a pic of what I'm talking about.

I'm stumped, and I don't have any spare parts left over that look like they'd fill the hold, and I certainly don't have any reciprocal water outlets that would accept water from here.

As Always.........

Wendell
Wendell Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 06:36 AM   #2
Wendell Allen
Registered Member

I guess yesterday was my lucky day. I bumped into a '67 6 cylinder, so I just opened the hood and looked at it. Problem solved. It takes a freeze plug that the machine shop apparently left out when they did the block work.

And not to rant excessively, but that kind of information seems like the kind of thing we all come to forums for. And such a simple thing to do at that. Just looking at the motor solved the problem. But maybe no one here has an early model 6 cylinder.
Wendell Allen is offline   Reply With Quote