MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-02-2000, 03:27 PM   #1
Staarkiss17
Registered Member

Cool Too Many Questions!!!

Hello
I just purchased an 88' 4 cylinder mustang convertible. I habe always promised myself I wouldn't have anything less than a V8, but I really like the convertible. I think it looks really good. And I like the gase mileage; I have never had this good of gas mileage before. I was just wondering what I could do to give my car some extra power, without costing me an arm and a leg? I also need some insight on how to pull out dents; I really want to this job on my own. Also, the back window is gladd, but the person I bought it from, forgot to unzip the window before putting the top down. It did not break the glass, but the zipper was pulled most of the way off the top. How do I fix this; glue? And , I want to replace the interior, would anyone know how much this would cost, and how would I go about doing so?
Thank you for you r time and effort, to help me solve my little delemmas. I really appreciate the insight.
Me

------------------
Staarkiss17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2000, 12:43 PM   #2
Sac68
Registered Member

How much faster do you want it to be?
My 92LX has an effeciency chip from Superchips ($250) and K and N airfilter ($30) and it accelerates pretty damn well for a 2.3...of course mine was factory rated with 17 more horses than yours.

A chip+airfilter should give you a noticeable difference, but it still won't be "fast" by any means.

If you want to make your car pretty quick (able to kill any V-TEC you meet), do the previously mentioned mods and then swap out the rear end gear and put something like a 3.73 in (take it to the shop for this, about $400), and buy a nitrous oxide induction kit and give your car a 30hp shot ($600-$800).

There are performance heads, cams, and other more sophisticated mods available, but to me its kind of ridiculous to do all that to a 2.3...if you want REAL performance, and not just good driveablity, buy a V8 (this doesn't mean I don't love my 4banger, it does its job well).

As for the dents if you want your car to really look good, I'd take it to the body shop.

No idea about the interior.
Sac68 is offline   Reply With Quote