MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-17-2000, 08:54 AM   #1
Pastor Robert
Registered Member

Angry Summit Racing mail-order blues

Has anybody had a negative experience buying mail-order from Summit Racing? I ordered a bra (phone order) from them and paid extra for second day air. Well, the item never arrived. I called Summit and was told (by a very nasty kid) that they could not do anything, because they had shipped the item out. They refunded the $8.00 for the second day air, but refuse to refund for the bra, which has not arrived yet. I told them it was too late because I needed the bra the day I expected it, but they didn't care. In fact, one of the customer service reps said, "What do you want me to do about it, track down the truck and get the thing off it myself?" I've never encountered such a thing ever.

So, has anybody had a problem with Summit or another mail-order company? I'd really like to know.

Thanks,

Pastor Robert
Pastor Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2000, 02:02 PM   #2
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

I tried once long ago to place an order with summitt. They were kinda rude on the phone. Acted like I was bothering them.

I do most of my mail ordering from Jeggs. They seem more customer friendly.

Even though your problem was in the carrier, I think they could have atleast been a little more respectful. Competition for buisness has never been so tight. With a letter addressing your concerns they may apoligize or even discount your next item. Try it.

mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2000, 02:28 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation

Robert:

Sorry to learn of your bad experience with Summit.
Speaking as one who has worked in the mail-order business, I can tell you that tracking down the item was exactly what the obviously poorly-trained, ill-mannered and probably underpaid 'service' rep should have done for you, immediately. Sad to see this kind of snotty 'service' from a big distributor like Summit.

If you paid by credit card you should certainly dispute the tranaction with your CC company and yes, I would make an attempt to find out who actually heads Summit and try to get a complaint letter through to them - personally - and ask for a response when you write.

Good luck to you.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2000, 01:19 PM   #4
QUIN
Registered Member

thats funny, ive had good relations with summit, and poor ones with jegs.
guess it just depends on the time of day,,,,,
Q

------------------
Quin, 87 GT,MSD Blaster tfi coil,A9L,edelbrock intake,pro-m75mm,24#inj,accufab65mm,2.5"pipes,hooker headers,dynomax exhaust,3.73 gr,110 lph fp,180*therm,moroso cold air,13*,ASP pullies, weld rears/M.T. E.T.'s on 'em.

I see your shwartz is as big as mine, now lets see how well you handle it!
QUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2000, 11:07 AM   #5
virtspeed
Registered Member

I've seen Summit's operation. They have well over 100 people on the phone at any given time, 24 hours a day. Jeg's isn't as big, but they're up there. Chances are you got the bad apple in barrel that day.

------------------
Virtual Speed

Moderator, Tealnet
virtspeed is offline   Reply With Quote