MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-14-2002, 10:46 PM   #1
crazy5.0
Registered Member

Angry hey Peckerwood, car still not running right

I'm still trying to find what's going on. I still have a code 91 and I has a bad ground on the wire harness that was fixed that caused the new 02 sensor to short. I put in another new 02 and disconnected the battery and reset the computer. Still had a code 91. I thought the only thing that could be bad is the computer itself. A bubby of mine had a spare computer and that day I put it in the car ran very strong for the first time in over a year and a half. The next day however the car was back to running weak and having almost no power past 3000rpm. I know the car is running lean by the way it runs out of gas as the rpm's go up and by the code 91. I tested the fuel pressure again and it's at 41psi. Someone on the Corral said they had a similiar problem and it turned out to be the fuel pressure regulator. He said the car ran better with the tps disconnected and that was a indication the regulator was bad. I tried disconnecting the tps and the car ran much stronger at all rpm's and revved faster. What do you think is going on?
driveshaft,Asp
underdrives,Flowmast
er 3 chamber,March
ram air,130 amp
alternator,Koni yellow
struts,Kyb
shocks,Pirelli p-6000's,MM's lower control arms and full length subs
crazy5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote