MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-06-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
Rollinastang
Registered Member

Default too many exhausts to choose from!

I got an 03 convertible v6 automatic. just put a K&N intake on it last summer. when i have the car in park or neutral and rev the motor there is a slight sound when i let off the gas as if it's not releasing the exhaust fast enough, also when i shut her down there is that same sound.
First question is will a cat back dual exhaust fix that stupid sound or should i take it too the shop, this noise didnt happen until i put on the air intake so i am assuming i need a better exhaust. and what brand is the best i want a deep sound all the way around not just at heavy acceleration.When the car is idiling i want it to be heard you know what i mean?
Alot of people i talked to online say flowmaters are good enough but i am kinda stuck on Borla. There is a quite large price differance between the 2 and i dont wanna spend more money if they both are gonna sound the same in the long run. Also what about MAC or Bassani i havent heard too much about them but i seen them? Reminded i have to keep it emission legal so off road pipes are no option.
Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Rollinastang; 04-06-2005 at 10:59 AM..
Rollinastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:42 PM   #2
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: too many exhausts to choose from!

The sound you are hearing is from the intake. We had a cold air intake on the 02 V6 and it always sounded like it was exhaling when you shut it off. Changing your exhaust will do nothing at all to change that sound.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:30 PM   #3
Rollinastang
Registered Member

Default Re: too many exhausts to choose from!

Thanks i was kinda worried about the noise, glad it is not something that will hurt my engine.

03 Mustang convertible V6, Sonic Blue with black top, K&N air intake, MAC dual 2.5in H-Pipe, MAC 2.5in cat-back exhaust with 3in stainless tips, custom Slime Blue gauge cluster, Alpine Head Unit, 4 Alpine 6x8 thumpin speakers in doors and rear panel!
Rollinastang is offline   Reply With Quote