MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-23-2000, 11:15 PM   #1
stangirl2000
Registered Member

Question Sounds Good?

Ok, I'm new to the whole mustang thing. I just bought a 2000, V6, 5 speed manual. I really don't want it to go much faster but I would like for it to sound good. What might be some modifications that I can do to accomplish this?
stangirl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2000, 11:52 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb

Exhaust modifications, mostly.

Flowmaster and possibly other companies make duel exhaust/low restriction exhaust systems for the V-6. Check the magazine ads and do some web surfing with your browser to find availability and prices.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2000, 09:46 AM   #3
Pastor Robert
Registered Member

Stangirl2000:

I had to laugh at what you said about not wanting your Mustang to go much faster, because I was worried mine wouldn't go fast enough...until two hours after I got it. I was clocked at 101 mph by Florida's finest, so I know the little V-6 will provide plenty of bang for the buck.

As for the sound improvement, everyone I've talked to has suggested the Flowmaster exhasut. However, my dealer said my warranty would be void if I used anything outside of Ford (installed) parts. You might want to check this out to be safe, though I think it would be worth the money.

A source that has been suggested is:
http://www.drl2.com/Mustang6/

Pastor Robert
Pastor Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2000, 01:14 PM   #4
stacyvt
Registered Member

Cool

Hey, If you're looking for sound, flowmaster is the way to go... if you want to spend that much money. Personally, I prefer the dual GT takeoff exhaust. You can get a paacessetter adaptor for $70 and a GT takeoff from Saleen for $65. You can install it yourself in your driveway, and for $135 you get dual exhaust off a new GT, that sounds great (not nearly as great as Flowmaster 40 series though). If you can afford Flowmasters though, they are definitely the best.
stacyvt is offline   Reply With Quote