MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-18-1999, 05:58 AM   #1
rob'stang
Registered Member

Post what can I do to my 2.3?

I have an '87 2.3L. I have had a VERY hard time locating any performane parts for it. It is quite depressing. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.
rob'stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-1999, 09:15 AM   #2
Mustang225
Registered Member

Talking

Contact www.racerwalsh.com

They sell perf parts for 2.3's
Mustang225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-1999, 12:25 PM   #3
Jett
Registered Member

Don't waste your time. I suggest you read some of these other posts though.

Brad.

Oh, and Mustang225, you don't really think that you can turn the 2.3L into a real performer do u, haha.

------------------
Brad
88lx 2.3T soon to have 350hp
www.turboford.org
Jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-1999, 05:38 PM   #4
Mustang225
Registered Member

Angry

Didn't say that I wanted to turn a 2.3 into a performer....He was just looking to add some horsepower, and racerwalsh can add enough horsepower to make the 2.3 noticed when it moves.....Not everyone has the bucks/knowledge or even cares to throw a 2.3 turbo into the stang.
Old 07-18-1999, 06:54 PM   #5
Jett
Registered Member

>Didn't say that I wanted to turn a 2.3 into >a performer....He was justlooking to add >some horsepower, and racerwalsh can add >enough horsepower to make the 2.3 noticed >when it moves.....

So tell me just how much will it cost to make a 2.3L noticed when it moves, I will tell, TOO MUCH!!!! It is incredibly rediculous to drop a lot of money and still not get the performance desired or expected for how much was spent.

>Not everyone has the bucks/knowledge or even >cares to throw a 2.3 turbo into the stang.

Oh, and as for bucks/knowlegde. I have never in my entire life worked on cars untill this past year. I have only spent $500. And if a person doesn't care about better performance the EZ way then why the hell are they even posting to get help on making more hp with a n/a 2.3L which is almost next to impossible to modify where it is worth while.

I have Racer Walsh's catalog, and you could buy cams, larger valves, pullies, headers, etc... To get what maybe 130-140hp ha, and I bet you would spend more than $500 just trying to get to those numbers. I had the choice to spend money on either making the 2.3L a 140hp beast (LOL) or wait and get a 2.3L turbo which makes 200hp stock. I chose the 2.3T, who wouldn't. And I did the entire
swap my-self without any prior experience.

------------------
Brad
www.turboford.org
Old 07-18-1999, 07:52 PM   #6
Mustang225
Registered Member

Red face

well good for you....but most people wouldn't even know where to start on pulling out and replacing it with a 2.3T...and would the current tranny be able to handle the new engines power since it now jumped from 88 to 200
Old 07-19-1999, 11:07 AM   #7
Jett
Registered Member

Actually, hp doesn't affect the tranny it is torque. And yes the tranny will hold up. However I will be switching mine out as I climb the hp/torque latter, I would suggest that to anyone who is seeing more than 250hp.

Brad.

------------------
Brad
www.turboford.org
Old 07-20-1999, 09:37 PM   #8
Cracker
Registered Member

jets got some good points. I think the main reason anyone offers these aftermarkets parts in the first place is because in alot of cirlce track racing, they use these motors as a spec/claimer motor. Rules permit slight mods, and thats it. For the dare to be different guys, convert the sob to alcohol or .... your still kind of limited. The old addage applies...horsepower comes from CID.
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote