MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
HDstang
Registered Member

Cool What kind of clutch????

HI! new to the mustang world. Just got a 2000 v6 mustang manual, i need to replace the clutch in it.
i am going to TRY to make this car as fast as posible for a v6 (suggestions would be great). i am slowly but surely replacing parts on her. just replaced the front wheel barrings. now i am thinking i need a new clutch before this one goes out, its the factory clutch. there are so many to pick from. i need some helpful suggestions as to wich on to get.

thanks
HD
HDstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #2
robb15033
Registered Member

Default Re: What kind of clutch????

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDstang View Post
HI! new to the mustang world. Just got a 2000 v6 mustang manual, i need to replace the clutch in it.
i am going to TRY to make this car as fast as posible for a v6 (suggestions would be great). i am slowly but surely replacing parts on her. just replaced the front wheel barrings. now i am thinking i need a new clutch before this one goes out, its the factory clutch. there are so many to pick from. i need some helpful suggestions as to wich on to get.

thanks
HD
All of the manufacturers offer a Stage3 kit for higher horsepower. You have some "go to" companies to check out: McLeod, SPEC, RAM, CenterForce, Fidanza.
As for power mods, I recommend you take your time and go to various forums and they will have post topics with "anything you need to know" listed at the top for superchargers, turbos, intake spacers, port and polish, SCT tuning and everything in between.
Have Fun! If I can help, just ask. There are brilliant Mustang people here that amaze me.
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: