MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   No longer a Virgin (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=10043)

ace2600 09-28-2001 05:42 PM

No longer a Virgin

Unbelievable! Last Saturday my friends and I went to the street races up on Westheimer in Houston. I have heard a lot about the races but I had no idea what to expect. I thought there was an abonded street that a group of people go to and line up then race, I was wrong (my education came from movies like Fast and Furious). We met at a parking lot full of every type of sports car (mainly rice) and if you wanted to race you just travel down this road back and forth and race any of the other sports cars traveling back and forth.It was great, the best part was I was in my friends '59 VW bug and we smoked a 2000 Camaro Z28, the Camaro guy had his gf in the car and he was so pissed.

Just wanted to share the news,
Ace

------------------
The future owner of a 95 Mustang GT

CAMARO GUY 09-28-2001 06:26 PM

And what is done to this bug? It sure as hell can't be stock.

mustang marty gt 09-28-2001 07:00 PM

when i was stationed in hawaii the local's knew how to mod bug's , ghia's etc pop in a porsche engine, lower it put on twin webber's, instant hot rod no kidding, they were fast, some of them ran wheely bar's.

------------------

Five0 09-28-2001 08:54 PM

There was a guy here that took the body of a bug and I think he said he had it on a different frame, but it had a chevy 350 in it and he just annihilated me on the way to super shops (the local hang out). This was about 6 years ago.

I met him later that day and he was telling me about the car.
The best part was it was quite and he said he got kicked off the track that day because he ran a mid 10"second time with no roll bar or safety equipment.

------------------
James Cox
nochevy@hotmail.com
1991 Mustang LX
No good times with 347 stroker yet!

ace2600 09-29-2001 12:15 AM

This bug was far from stock. He bought the bug for $400 and then put 7 grand in mods on it. He bored it out complety, put in Porsche pistons and valves and a whole list of other mods. He is making 125 horses 75 more then factory. For a car that weighs 1400 pounds 125 goes a long way. He did say though that he can only win off the line and to about 45 mph, after that the car slows down a lot.
Oh yah it was louder then most the cars there, combined.

Hes selling it for $4,000 if anyones interested.

------------------
The future owner of a 95 Mustang GT

66 Racer 09-29-2001 07:46 PM

Man, i had a friend in metal shop one year that did a lot of **** to his engine in class. Our teacher is a car god and would tell him a thing or two he could do, i never asked him what he actually had but it was pretty quick. He had it set up baja style, basically raised with fenders and roll cage. I dont remember his compression but it was over 9:1. He never said anything about beating stangs though, not much of a racer, just did a lot of crazy **** in his car.

---Anthony

------------------
Under Construction 66 Coupe
-289 V8 - 600cfm Holley -Tri-Y Headers - Flowmaster 2.5 dual exaust, Centerforce Dual Friction