MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   There should be a disclaimer! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=41723)

stacy's stang 02-28-2004 06:34 AM

There should be a disclaimer!

I've had my 'stang for 2 months now. I've gotten new mufflers, rims, k&n air filter, decals...
So yesterday I'm in Pepboys getting my Chrome lugnuts for my new rims and I felt a crack addict trying to make a score. I asked the salesman. So do you have any of those ponydecals that go on the brakelights? No? well what about those metal covers for the foot pedals? Comon man you can't leave me hanging here. I'm hurtin' I've gotta have some stuff man. How about an airfreshener?
No one warned me that this was addicting!

mustangII460 02-28-2004 09:15 AM

LOL.

You already ready have a nice ride, don't clutter it up with any cheapo pep-boy crud.

FordFastGirl5.0 02-28-2004 10:31 AM

I agree, clean looks better.

gofastmercury 02-28-2004 06:50 PM

Sounds like your about 1 bling item away from turning your mustang into a civic...

Keep it simple and fast.

xxxBlakexxx 02-28-2004 07:08 PM

Sounds like we need to get Stacy a nice 14 step program or at least a support group to help her out.

Next time you get the urge, just drop us all a line and stay out of that dam Pep Boys.

BTW, I visited CJ Pony in Hummelstown, PA last week. I thought I had gone to heaven. Beautiful showroom and shop and ALL MUSTANG. It was a Mustang paradise. There were maybe 15 cars in the parking lot and 12 of them were stangs. The other three drivers I am sure all had stangs at home.

They sell everything and install everything even if you bought it elswhere. They are mounting my new tires on my new rims for me on Monday. $10 each...that's it. My local Firestone wanted $150 bucks. Can you believe that?

joe4speed 02-29-2004 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by FordFastGirl5.0
I agree, clean looks better.
Me too. :)

But it's your car, do what YOU like. It is all about self-expression anyways. If it wasn't, they'd all look the same.

Rev 02-29-2004 06:03 PM

Quick!

Quick, somebody send Stacy a Summit or Jeg's catalogue with some "go fast goodies". Then she can forget the cheapo junk from Pep's/ AutoZ, etc.

If you're gonna be addicted, then go straight to the source, LOL.

Rev

stacy's stang 03-01-2004 06:37 AM

I never realized Pepboys and autozone was such a bad thing. I do have all the catalogs too, Summit etc...
Yes I am 1 bling away from being over the edge, but I have always been one to like to see heads turn. I get the thumbs up at stop lights all the time over my boss decals. But I do know there is a fine line before it becomes tacky. I think I'm at that line.
My husband is no help at all with my addiction. He shows me stuff in the catalogs and magazines all the time. It's like "would you like some candy, little girl?" Yes, I want all the candy!!

Orange97GTVert 03-04-2004 07:09 PM

Stacy,

Step away from the parts counter! No neon exhaust tips. Stickers are for ricers. You drive a Mustang, you don't need all that junk to get noticed!

Brad J 03-04-2004 07:31 PM

Save up to put some boost into that stang if you have a real need for speed. It may take a little longer to afford but be more satisfying in the end!