MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Windsor Power (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   GT's Vs. LX 5.0L (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=43659)

88fivepointoh 07-26-2004 07:45 AM

GT's Vs. LX 5.0L

Ok , I am thinking of starting a new prodject, I want a convertible regardless, now what's better, A GT or a LX 5.0? I hear mixed stories from both. I love my GT, But I also want a LX cause I can see the Tail Pipes. Maybe a saleen ground kit for the LX? Whats everyones flavor?

LX5liter 07-26-2004 08:49 AM

I Like the cleaner lines of the LX myself, but thats just me.

sdd228 07-26-2004 10:35 AM

i like the lx body style if its not a convertible, but i think i like the gt style convert. any mustang looks better with a nice set of rims on it.

bigred90gt 07-26-2004 10:48 AM

Personally, for a vert, I think the GT looks much better. If you like the tailpipes, get a cobra rear bumper and put the lx exhaust on it. I do like the look of an lx coupe with fatties out back and skinnies up front better than the same set-up on a gt. But, overall, I prefer the gt body.

GhettoPop 07-26-2004 10:57 AM

GT all the way! i wonder what i would say if i had an LX.......you should have justb asked people what car they have! its all opinion, so get what u like or can find a good deal on.

crazypete 07-26-2004 12:48 PM

Use an old 85 GT setup. You get the clean lines of the LX out back with your tailpipes and along the sides. Then you get the mean angular looking ground effects in the nose.

I love the quad headlights, but I seem to be in the minority in that respect.

88fivepointoh 07-26-2004 01:17 PM

I had an Black 85 GT with t-tops and i liked car except for the limited body mods at the time. I like my GT alot and I agree, that the rear cobra bumper would be good enough to show my pipes, expecially with a vert.

crazypete 07-27-2004 08:14 AM

It's all about how much attention you want to draw to yourself.

There are two schools of thought:

1. Sleeper
2. Hey, everyone look at me

For #1, I reccomend an LX or 85-86 gt setup. It looks mean but doesnt betray the car's true nature too much. Paint it black too. Use some ponyrims. Ultimate sleeper. This is my favorite.

For #2, I would get one of those saleen ground FX kits. They look very mean. Or go with GT ground effects with cutouts and big fat LX tailpipes, wide rear wheels (drag radials and draglites) and skinnies up front (get a pair of the old 84-86 SVO spare tires with the solid aluminum rim. It easily looks better than a lot of aftermarket skinnies. Weighs like 5 pounds. Put real tires on them and buff them till it hurts to look at them. They're like $30-40). Then get one of the stormin norman hoods with the dual scoops. Always a favorite of mine since I saw my first turbo coupe. For colors, I recommend orange with black racing stripes for the really loud look or silver for something in the more conservative spectrum. Do silver/black for a very killer combo (or orange/black). Either way, go with the LX tailights. They look so much cleaner. The GT tailllights look too busy. If it's a vert, you'll need a saleen wing. The plain trunk look just wont do it.

Watch out! With #2, every idiot in a jetta or accord will want to race you. It gets real old after the second day. Every cop will follow you around cause they think you're a drug dealer or a street racer. I un-souped my 5.0 LX because of these 2 reasons. Too much attention is a bad thing unless you're the insurance company.

chatcher 07-27-2004 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
lx with the saleen kit

90LXRaptor 07-27-2004 02:15 PM

LX all the way BABY!!!! I love the looks of the pipes out the back too!

Ieatcamaros 07-27-2004 09:27 PM

Dude, I could never get tired of smoking Jetta's and Accords. Or any import (ricer). But the cops, yeah they piss me off following me for several blocks.

Anyway, as most on the board, I love em both. I had rather have a hatchback to drive, but I love the looks of a good ol notchback with slicks and skinnies. The LX notch gets my vote!!!!!

MidNiteBlu 5.0 07-27-2004 11:13 PM

I like the LX hatchbacks the most out of all of them :D

rdy2rn2 07-30-2004 03:31 PM

lx

lx with cobra ground effects or saleen, cobra r 1993 style rear spoiler and cobra r svo cowl hood. that makes a sweet looking combo!

silver50lx 07-31-2004 05:06 PM

i have an lx... but when it comes to verts the GT i think looks better. especially if u were to put the stalker/cobra ground effects on it. it shows the tailpipes and gives it a mean look in the front. :D

White GT 07-31-2004 08:01 PM

Agree.:D

On vert i prefer Gt too. You have a good base then you only have to change bumpers if you want and add wing. Everything else is already did.

saywhenn94 08-01-2004 09:47 AM

Quote:

i have an lx... but when it comes to verts the GT i think looks better. especially if u were to put the stalker/cobra ground effects on it. it shows the tailpipes and gives it a mean look in the front.
Agreed, A convertable GT with the Cervini Stalker kit cant be beat!! Cant wait til I get my Stalker kit with a Boss Inc. hood:D

Rich

88fivepointoh 08-01-2004 08:25 PM

yea i like the gt verts better, but i like the lx tails so i figured cobra rear with stalker front.. cobra sides to. or maybe both an lx and gt... one of each :)