MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Fun Race with Newer GT (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=28233)

SlvrTypeS 08-28-2002 06:55 PM

Fun Race with Newer GT

Just wondering if the owner of the dark blue newer Mustang GT that duked it out w/ me bout a week ago is on this board. I drive a Silver 01' Acura CL Type-S and spotted him on the onramp exiting Pacific Beach onto the 5north in San Diego. Heard him stomping on it couple times and knew that he was down to play. I Had a close call when two lanes merged to one just before gettin on the 5, had to swerve into the shoulder to pass the car he blew by. Once we got onto the 5, I made my way to the fast lane and the GT had to cut between couple cars but after that it was wide open for both of us and both cars were roaring full throttle, me in the fast lane and the stang in the far right lane. I had gotten a little jump because the fast lane was open so I probably started off a couple cars ahead but by about 125-130mph my passenger told me that he was catching up and creeping on me. About then we were coming up on another pack of cars at about the 52west exit and so we both slammed on the brakes, the GT being in the slow lane had to come to a stop pretty damn quick. Too much traffic after that to keep racing, damn crowded SD highways. The GT Probably would have taken me if we would have had more road. I currently have I/H and Sways and the Gt sounded throatier than normal. Was a fun friendly race on the highway.

Rev 08-28-2002 09:38 PM

Fun

Sounds like a fun and friendly race, and a close one at that. What does the Type "S" run in the 1/4 mile? Also what's the HP and weight?

Rev

MidNiteBlu 5.0 08-28-2002 11:46 PM

Very Nice race man. I dont think there is anyone from SD with a blue GT on here but i dunno.

The freeways here are too damn crowded lol. 52 probably wouldnt have been very crowded unless it was rush hour :eek:

What part of San Diego are ya from?

Later,
Nick

blie 08-29-2002 02:51 AM

acura cl-s is 260hp and runs high 14's, mid 14's on a manual and if they launch really really good

*Steeda90GT* 08-29-2002 09:16 AM

SilverTypeS. Are you SilverBullet on Acura-cls.com? If so you need to go to Stangnet.com. I think thats where your foe is...

SlvrTypeS 08-29-2002 04:12 PM

Weight is about ~3500lbs. Nope Im not silverknight, im SlvrCls on Acura-cl.com . I was just talkin to my bud that was in my car and he swears it was a red GT, dunno.. :confused:

Nick, I can actully look out my window right now and see ardath rd turning into the 52, Im in University City.

MidNiteBlu 5.0 08-29-2002 06:18 PM

Thats cool I live over by where Grossmont College is if you know where that is lol. Pretty much where 125 becomes 52 but before Santee

The Deuce 09-03-2002 02:05 PM

SlvrTypeS - There are a number of guys here and from LS1.com who will be at Carlsbad on the 14th. Why don't you come by and run with us? I think people on both boards would be interested to see a verified slip on one of those things.

mysweetlx 09-04-2002 01:08 PM

I agree w/ deuce, we'd all love to really see how the CLS' do. There's a guy, Silverbullet on acura-cl.com who claims he's undefeated in 12 runs vs 4.6 and 5.0 stangs.......he's n/a, but he's got a CAI. :rolleyes: Maybe their hp rating (260 @the flyweel w/ 3400 lbs), is a moddest claim. :) :rolleyes: They're very nice cars, but 12-0 seems a tad outrageous.