MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Windsor Power (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   slight stumble (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=50043)

DaLe five OH! 10-08-2007 09:17 PM

slight stumble

when i'm in the 50-55 range and i shift into OD and i SLIGHTLY give it gas, it stumbles ever so slightly...its never done this before...it hasnt effected anything else, but its annoying...if i'm goin 50-55 and keep it out of OD(i have a shift kit) and its hovering around 1800-2000rpm it doesnt do this...any ideas guys?:confused:

DaLe five OH! 10-16-2007 06:46 PM

Re: slight stumble

need help guys...

USMC302 10-17-2007 06:18 AM

Fuel filter change. Just for starters....

Honestly I'm not that proficient with Auto's but maybe your convertor is going out....?

When was the last tune up?

DaLe five OH! 10-18-2007 12:11 PM

changed the fuel filter, last tune up was at (did it what i got the car)96,000...i'm at 112,900 now...its not doing it as bad as it was before...i think i just had a clogged injector...

Unit 5302 10-19-2007 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaLe five OH! (Post 332481)
changed the fuel filter, last tune up was at (did it what i got the car)96,000...i'm at 112,900 now...its not doing it as bad as it was before...i think i just had a clogged injector...

Injector issues are more likely to present themselves while the engine is cold from my experience. They're also often accompanied by a slight backfire. If the injector got "clogged" it's not something that generally just works itself out.

The issue you're describing could be any number of things including worn ignition system components, fuel system components or even a MAF malfunction.

Start with the basics.

Does the problem happen when cold or after driving for a while? You indicated the problem only surfaces at low rpms under a slight load so that makes me feel you should take a peek at the easy stuff like distributor cap & rotor, spark plugs, and the spark plug wires. For about the same price as having the injectors cleaned, you can purchase the schraeder value connection kit and a can of real injector cleaner and give you injectors a proper cleaning.

USMC302 10-19-2007 03:39 AM

That *ucking Beautiful coupe has 113k miles???!!!!!!!! Wow, it looks amazing Dale!!! Good looking coupe.

Have you tried pulling codes, maybe eliminate a bad sensor or o2 somewhere.....

Tape 10-23-2007 02:49 PM

bad wires will cause this and plugs as well, wires may look good but under a load will lose the spark.

DaLe five OH! 10-25-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unit 5302 (Post 332484)
Injector issues are more likely to present themselves while the engine is cold from my experience. They're also often accompanied by a slight backfire. If the injector got "clogged" it's not something that generally just works itself out.

The issue you're describing could be any number of things including worn ignition system components, fuel system components or even a MAF malfunction.

Start with the basics.

Does the problem happen when cold or after driving for a while? You indicated the problem only surfaces at low rpms under a slight load so that makes me feel you should take a peek at the easy stuff like distributor cap & rotor, spark plugs, and the spark plug wires. For about the same price as having the injectors cleaned, you can purchase the schraeder value connection kit and a can of real injector cleaner and give you injectors a proper cleaning.

it happens after driving a while, and when i have the a/c on...i know its not when the compressor kicks on because it has a different feel and i can hear the compressor kick on, the cap and rotor,plugs,wires,
and igniton coil are all "new" and from msd...i'll go by the parts store when i get a chance and get the schraeder valve connector and the cleaner and try that...and yes usmc302, its a respray but the guy did a great job...

USMC302 10-26-2007 08:08 AM

What's the timing at? Have you switched octanes lately?

DaLe five OH! 10-26-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC302 (Post 332548)
What's the timing at? Have you switched octanes lately?

haha thats one problem...we dont know:mad: my dad tried to bump the timing with a gun that u use on a chevy, ie it doesnt tell you the *...seince i bought the car i've use 93 oct, some times i would use oct booster and maybe 4 times seince i've had the car i've use 89oct in the intrests saving money but this was before we "bumped" the timing...as soon as i get a chance i'm gonna borrow my buddies timing gun and see exactly what its at...its should be at like 13* with 93 oct right?

USMC302 10-27-2007 10:33 AM

Every engine is going to want different timing, be sure to set it with the spout out obviously and I would start with 13 degrees advanced and move up 2 degrees after each test run(spout in for run). Once you start pinging, back of the last two degrees and keep it there. Timing will be sensitive to the octane you are using at the time of tuning. If your going to run 89 in the car, then tune it with 89. The higher octane you run, the more timing you can run in the car. Let us know! Good luck.

Coupe50h 11-07-2007 12:48 AM

I think my injectors need cleaning too, I would like to check into this schraeder valve connector, can you get everything you need from a parts store?
thnx
Btw, friend of mine had to send back a defective msd coil, it was new, but made the engine pop under load over 3k.
good luck.

bmxmon 11-26-2007 03:12 AM

I want to see some pics of this sweet looking coupe!

DaLe five OH! 11-26-2007 06:03 AM

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...x/100_0620.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...x/100_0607.jpg
here ya go bro...and i found out that it was bad gas:mad:

bmxmon 11-26-2007 07:01 PM

Very sweet!