MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   CHP Camaro? (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=26020)

The Deuce 07-09-2002 11:44 PM

CHP Camaro?

I was coming down the 5 into Dana Point yesterday, and I saw an all white CHP Camaro!! The car was pulled over and had a full light bar, but no other apparent external mods. Seems like a weird time to see the first one, and I have not been able to find out any info on these.(didn't feel like getting pulled over just to ask the guy about it.;) )

If anybody else has seen these, what's up with them? Keep an eye out, they are probably pursuit cars for open high speed areas.

StoplightWarrior 07-09-2002 11:46 PM

Yeah, they're out so be careful. SS's that will cruise the highways

Crazy Horse GT 07-10-2002 12:07 AM

in louisville ky they have , camaro's, mustang's painted any color you can think of, they pull off the highway with the hazard's on , you go flying by, bam your busted, no light bar's, they throw one up in the windsheild, heheh, sneaky b------.:rolleyes: :D

mustangII460 07-10-2002 12:19 AM

They had the Safety Commisioner on the Speed Channel talking about these cars. He said they go 160mph.

They showed police driving instructors doing laps and burning the tires. May have to raise your taxes for more tires.

digital3.3 07-10-2002 01:38 AM

on vancouver island here in BC the cops were using cars that looked like beaters (painted like crap all mismatched and stuff). and they would bust people all the time cause you couldn't tell till it was way to late.

Coupe Devil 07-10-2002 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
in louisville ky they have , camaro's, mustang's painted any color you can think of, they pull off the highway with the hazard's on , you go flying by, bam your busted, no light bar's, they throw one up in the windsheild, heheh, sneaky b------.:rolleyes: :D
Yeah we jsut got a new Z28 here in west ky to. But its solid white, has the small logo on the door, no light bar, DARK WINDOWS, and a little whirly bird under the hood..Thats right.....The KYSP has a blown Z28...

Brad

1969Mach1 07-10-2002 09:07 AM

Wow thats crazy stuff. I know the town I live some of the cruisers have N2O, and downtown on the lakeshore and highway going downtown the have Camaro's I beleive there all Z28's.

Sam.

jj_jonathon 07-10-2002 02:30 PM

it was bad enough when they had the 5.0 troupers out...florida highway patrol got about 200 of these brand new Z28 (i believe all states only got z28s) copcars...ive seen two so far...mean syou cant outrun em on the highways unless youre driving something fierce...wish i had something fierce...lol...so lets all hope that they rack up 80,000miles quick and then retire em! :D

polara7777 07-10-2002 02:58 PM

Wow! I'm glad I don't live any where around any of you! N2O and supers on cop cars...lol. All our cops drive either under cover lincolns or SUV's or slow stock cruisers. We did have a Ferrari for a little while but I think it was more of a for show thing. Haven't seen it in a while so I guess it got sold at some auction.

jj_jonathon 07-10-2002 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by polara7777
We did have a Ferrari for a little while but I think it was more of a for show thing.
whaa!?! dayum...now thats a reason to be pulled over...i think id speed by him just so i could be seen pulled over by a ferrari cop car...lol...mayeb id be annoying and hed let me "ride" in the thing back to the station....but knowing my luck the cop would prolly just keep me there for the other cops...thatd be no fun...hehe...

PKRWUD 07-10-2002 10:50 PM

The last CHP Camaro I saw was 15 years ago! This should be interesting. One of my best buddies works at Hawaii Racing, and one of his best customers is a CHP officer. He hears all the good stuff, but he hasn't said anything about any Camaros yet. He did say a lot about the Volvo's they tried out a couple years ago. They were very strong, but they were front wheel drive, and of the initial 12 that the CHP purchased, 3 were totalled by the officer driving it within the first week. Apparently they just had too much trouble learning how to control a FWD vehicle during high speed pursuits. Go figure.

Take care,
-Chris

The Deuce 07-11-2002 12:47 AM

I was more than a little surprised about it too. The last thing I heard was a rumor they were going to try out 5-series BMW's. Almost expected to see one of those around the central coast during my college years. Never did though.

I wish I'd gotten a better look. Can't imagine GM would even do that this close to the end of that cars run. But then they are GM.;)

PKRWUD 07-11-2002 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Deuce
Can't imagine GM would even do that this close to the end of that cars run. But then they are GM.;)
LOL! Maybe they're having more trouble than they expected clearing out their inventories!

Take care,
-Chris

OnMy3rdStang 07-12-2002 07:02 PM

When you go down south in arkansas Louisana Mississippi etc you can see police camaros. I was like wow. I think in some northern states they use new mustangs now
Canadian Police Mustang

digital3.3 07-12-2002 07:24 PM

i can remeber seeing police mustangs bring used in BC back in the early 90's. they are some fast ******* cars.

Skyman 07-12-2002 07:31 PM

I havn't lost to an LS1 yet, so that means I'm safe right? :cool:

digital3.3 07-12-2002 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Skyman
i dunno dude, usually them cop camaros are not very stock and quite powerful:D

tireburner163 07-12-2002 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1969Mach1
Wow thats crazy stuff. I know the town I live some of the cruisers have N2O
I'll believe that when I see it:rolleyes:

tireburner163 07-12-2002 07:37 PM

ok....some of you seem to be under the impression that cops are all all ultra fast and will run down anything.....well they're not. 99% of cop cars are stock, if not slower than stock due to the added weight of the light bar, cage that divdes the front and rear seats, exc.

The Deuce 07-12-2002 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Skyman
Man, your Stang is of the "Can I out run the chopper?" variety from what I've seen. What did you run at Carlsbad last weekend, my crew backed out at the last minute (I mean the guy with the truck)