MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone into Great Adventure? (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=25204)

EvilGTGirl 06-18-2002 12:16 PM

Anyone into Great Adventure?

hey--just wondering...

i go down there a bunch of times a summer, and i was wondering if anyone would be interested in a meet there.

i'm not sure when the next time i am goin is, but if we can set it up b4hand (2 weeks), and we can get 15 or more peeps to go, then it is only $29.68 a tic. (this would of course mean that the peeps comprising the 15 would not be season pass holders)

just checkin... :)

e

Crazy Horse GT 06-18-2002 10:50 PM

dont think we could make it but, my wife gtlee is from camden , she tells me about great adventure all the time, l8ter:)

StoplightWarrior 06-18-2002 10:53 PM

What is this place?

PKRWUD 06-19-2002 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
What is this place?
Six Flags in New Jersey. Got left on the freefall ride when they shut the park down one night. After a few minutes, we realized what had happened, and tried to get out. No go. Those damn bars over the shoulders really work! I don't even remember how we got out, either...:confused: Must have yelled, I guess.

Take care,
-Chris

lysacat 06-19-2002 02:26 PM

PKRWUD, that musta been an awful feeling. To be stuck like that. Good thing they didn't all go home.:D

PKRWUD 06-19-2002 02:59 PM

Actually, it was. I remember thinking that something was wrong with the ride, and that's why we weren't moving out to be dropped, but after a few, we realized what was up, and could not get out to save our lives. I really don't remember what happened after that, but I guess we must have yelled until we got someones attention. Hell, this was probably 20 years ago anyway, but still, i don't know why I can't remember how we got out. :confused:

Take care,
-Chris

Old Guy with 87 GT 06-19-2002 10:37 PM

love to go ......but, the jersey state police told me ....... "if you ever step foot in this park agian ,we won't even bother locking you up again , we'll just beat you senceless ":rolleyes: ......... i'm kinda banned for life

long story from a long time ago .....probly too long ago for anybody to remember .......but there are a few peaple who will never forget me

StoplightWarrior 06-19-2002 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Old Guy with 87 GT
love to go ......but, the jersey state police told me ....... "if you ever step foot in this park agian ,we won't even bother locking you up again , we'll just beat you senceless ":rolleyes: ......... i'm kinda banned for life

long story from a long time ago .....probly too long ago for anybody to remember .......but there are a few peaple who will never forget me

Cmon now old man, you can't do that to us. Let's hear the story!

Mustangbelle306 06-20-2002 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Old Guy with 87 GT
the jersey state police told me ....... "if you ever step foot in this park agian ,we won't even bother locking you up again , we'll just beat you senceless "
I won't even doubt that for a second...

NJ troopers are renowned for being RUTHLESS! I've been going the speed limit since I got here :D I can't figure it out why NJ drivers are still the rudest things on earth, and are always blowing by me at 85-90 mph...I guess that explains this state having the highest insurance rates in the US...

Old Guy with 87 GT 06-20-2002 07:33 AM

stoplight warrior......it's a long story , all i'll say is it involved , mooning the public , being caught with several illegal substaces , a small scuffle with several sucurity gaurds and a sucurity gaurd getting his nose broke (guy almost broke my arm ,so i beat him up :rolleyes: ....his buddy's didn't like that ) ........
it was almost ten years ago ,........back then i was a bit wilder then i am nowaday's

belle ......jersey should be called the aggresive driver state ..........makes nascar look like a couple of sunday drivers ....and your right most jersey state police would rather just beat you up instead of doing the paperwork