MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Windsor Power (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Gears in Chicago (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=375)

PeTr0 01-15-2001 05:03 PM

Gears in Chicago

Where is a good place to get gears installed within an hour or 2 of chicago. I would like to get them done by a pro who has dont them.. Also....3.55 or 3.73 my car is mostly street/a little strip but i want it fast

------------------
Red 1993 Gt- flowmasters,BBK Shortie Headers, BBK Hi-Flow H-Pipe, BBK cold air induction w/K&N, Pro 5.0 shifer, 130 amp alt., underdrives,pioneer cd player and kicker component speakers, Kenwood Excelon amp, 2 12" subs in the hatch,firehawk sz50 all around, timing bumped to 13 deg., ADS Superchip, and mobil 1 oil lubing the 302.

clearwaterms 01-16-2001 07:52 PM

Street Stuff in Addison. They are experts at it. Go in and ask for Ron. They are on Addison rd. off North Ave. in Addison, IL. Although they are a bit on the pricey side, they do the job right. Other then that, some tranny shops will do it. email me, if you need directions to Street stuff, but if you look up there name, they can help you out. Also there is a guy in Addison, that goes buy the name 21st Century Performance, I think he would do it, nice 1 man shop, but he works slow.

chris91LX 01-18-2001 01:11 AM

Yeah, I had mine done at Street Stuff, though I would definitely rate them as pricey. They do good work but it's all about the money and they ain't interested if you ain't spendin. I had a bad experience with a $100 oil change there, so I'm definitely biased against them. I'm looking for someone else myself.

------------------
91 LX 5.0
Z t-5, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3:73's, K&N w/ homemade Ram Air, Vortech 73mm Mass Air, Accufab 65mm TB, BBK underdrives, BBK unequal length headers, Bassani x pipe, 2.5" Dynomax Super Turbo cat back, Kenny Brown Super Subs, Factory Five Control Arms Crane HI-6S Ignition, Nitto 450 Extremes, BBK cold air fenderwell and more to come!

terrible0ne 01-18-2001 01:25 AM

You should try Elgin driveline they do a good job and are petty well priced. they are located on rt. 31 in Elgin

Moxie 01-18-2001 12:16 PM

ASSC up in Lake Bluff, right on Skokie Hwy. You ever seen Jim Summers' Pro 5.0 car? That's his shop. He does great work, and he's a cool guy, too.

------------------
Moxie Racing

clearwaterms 01-18-2001 04:15 PM

I have to agree that I am not a big fan of Street stuff, I have a friend that goes there for everything. He loves the service. I have never tried any of the other places. Hey the mustang people from the area should all go up to the track some time

PWR_RYD93 01-19-2001 09:19 AM

If you don't mind the drive (hour northwest of Ohare), Rockford Motorsports does really good work for a fair price. (815) 873-1602 Tell Curt that Craig sent you.

------------------
Craig
Supercharged 93 GT
Basically stock 93 Cobra
"I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol!"

MY91GT 01-19-2001 12:49 PM

Go to Trans Pros in Lansing, IL...ive gotten my gear put in there and 3 other of my friends have also...I highly recommend them...let me know if you are interested so I can find a number for them. They will do it for about $400 including the gear, and it has a 1yr warranty

terrible0ne 01-19-2001 04:02 PM

Hey he had a great idea about going to the track I would love to help org. something like so if any of you stangbangers whould like that Email me at terrible0ne@iddragger.zzn.com