View Single Post
Old 12-18-2001, 02:11 AM   #25
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Being "too nice" tends to put you out in the open for more potential to be hurt deeply. However, you have got to be willing to take that chance if you want to reap the benefits of a truly meaningful relationship. What do you and your lover have to gain from holding back and putting up protective walls?

I suppose the most important thing is to first find someone that you can trust. This is not an easy task. I thought I could trust my Ex of 5 yrs. She wound up stabbing me in the back, thus temporarily destroying any trust I could have in a member of the opposite sex. However, here I am 1 yr later in another relationship and I can honestly say I have never been happier. The #1 reason for my happiness is the willingness for the both of us to open up and trust completely. We have both been hurt deeply in the past (to the point where neither of us should trust).

I honestly do not beleive there is such a thing as being too nice. Through the process of never holding back, I have found the girl I will marry (you all know her well, but I'll keep from embarassing her). Who knows where we'd be if we were both trying to protect our own interests?

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
929PhoenixSquid is offline   Reply With Quote