View Single Post
Old 12-21-2001, 02:19 PM   #41
Paluka21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach351C
I totally agrea with you paluka, do not take my last post as like i was defending the rx7. I totally think the rx7 is unreliable. I have the mustang i can even show you a pic of me in it if you wanted, but do not take it that I am here to defend other cars or anything, I love the mustang and it will forever be my favorite car. I dont know why you drew these conclusions of defending a rx7? In fact all i did was give 2 website's that i searched for at altavista.com
I feel the same way I like the look of the cars, definetly sporty, but they just arent for everybody. My buddy plans on buying another 3rd gen and putting a V8 in it..lol. I guess that sums up the motor blues..hehe
I just took you the wrong way, my fault. I dont mind seeing someone defend their favorite car, or what they beleive is right, I just hate it when you get someone bragging how their car is better than someone elses.
But, I took a look at that Rx7 page, and it gives specs etc on them. not sure if those #'s are accurate or not. My friend w/ his 93 had a downpipe, apexi catback, and some type of intake mod and went 14.0@99mph with a 2.0 60'. Not too shabby if you ask me for those mods. This was also at a bad track, if it were at a better track that would have been 13.8's or so. This other guy I was referring to had an ECU, 13 or 14psi, full exhaust straight with midpipe, home made intake, some type of fuel system, pulley, and upgraded intercooler, he was only going low 13's I beleive but at like 114mph. So that car was definetly capable of low 12's on better tires.
anyways, sorry for the harsh greeting, welcome to the board
Dan