View Single Post
Old 01-12-2001, 02:25 AM   #3
AxemanZZ
Registered Member

Bilsteins are amoung the best available and I'd assume they have a lifetime warranty on there adjustables even when used on lowered vehicles. But for a little more than the cost of Bilsteins you can go with the ultimate in struts and shocks and get a set of Koni's. IMO they are THE best. I have a set of Koni Sport Yellows on my Stang and they made one helluva difference in carving the corners.

Do you do the whole drag race thing or are you looking at improving the cornering ability?

Maximum Motorsports make some really kick@ss suspension systems so you really couldn't go wrong buying individual components from their kits. It'll just cost you a bit more in the long run buying a piece at a time. No biggie really because I'm doing the exact same thing with the Kenny Brown setup I eventually want to have, and am seriously considering going with a Maximum Motorsport setup.

I'd start with the struts and shocks then go for springs and caster/camber plates if you are lowering it. Also, sub-frame connectors should be installed as well to help stiffen up the frame because a stiffer suspension is going to place more stress on the uni-body.

The best prices I found in my extensive search for struts and shocks was www.shox.com
They are good people to deal with too.
------------------
90 Mustang LX 5.0
My Ride*My Site

[This message has been edited by AxemanZZ (edited 01-12-2001).]
AxemanZZ is offline   Reply With Quote